Neon Leon thinks he's MJD? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Neon Leon thinks he's MJD?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Neon Leon thinks he's MJD?

Postby dmacblue » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Jets beat writer Dave Hutchinson expects Leon Washington to target a deal similar to Maurice Jones-Drew's new four-year, $32.8 million extension.
The Jets and Washington are talking, but Washington will be hard pressed to earn that kind of coin. While Washington is more valuable on special teams than Jones-Drew, he isn't nearly as effective a ball carrier. The Jags paid Jones-Drew to be a feature back. Washington is a change-of-pace runner.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Ohhhhh my aching sides :-b

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Neon Leon thinks he's MJD?

Postby iamgregg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:46 pm

While it's silly for him to even dream of MJD money I felt this:

Washington is more valuable on special teams than Jones-Drew, he isn't nearly as effective a ball carrier.

Was a little harsh on his ability as a runner.

Although, maybe he doesn't want MJD money. Maybe he wants Sproles money, but can't get franchsied until his contract expires. Thus, he wants MJD money as it puts him in the middle of the top 5. ;-)
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

How does this guy deserve top 5 money when he isn't even top 20. LMAO!
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:20 am

Leon Washington is one of the most underused RBs in the entire NFL. This guy has something special. New York hasn't even come close to tapping into his potential as a RB.

The only other comparable guy to Washington is Jerious Norwood really, but I don't think Norwood has the same level of talent as Washington. I think if some team were to use Leon as a featured RB or even as a 1a, you'd probably be looking at either a Westbrook or Chris Johnson like performance. I draft this guy every year just waiting for the day that the Jet's put him into the lineup as the #1 like he should be.

Last year he was startable as a RB#2 for a stretch even though he was receiving less than 5 carries in some games. The last person to acheive that feat was a guy named Brian Westbrook back in like 2004 or so.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk