Ocho Cinco Cries to TJ Housh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ocho Cinco Cries to TJ Housh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ocho Cinco Cries to TJ Housh

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:20 am

Chad Johnson still desperately wants to get out of Cincinnati, according to former teammate T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Chad Ochocinco is, at this point, well past the proverbial dorsal fin in terms of being “interesting” or “relevant.” His offseason shenanigans so far this year, too, have been the very definition of weak sauce compared to last year’s ridiculousness.

At least it appears that way until you hear that Thursday night, Ochocinco called up his old teammate T.J. Houshmandzadeh and lamented the fact that he couldn’t get traded. Except by “lamented” I mean “cried like a little baby.”

“Chad Johnson called me today. Crying. He wonders why everyone can get traded but him.”

Seriously, that’s what Housh said on the NFL Network on Friday. The irony, of course, is that Ochocinco is doing the very thing that makes him untradeable — crying. He’s a whiny, self-involved showboat and his production has tailed off recently (albeit with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center). Teams don’t want him because he’s a pain to deal with and nearly every one of his touchdowns results in a 15-yard penalty.

The reality is that Ochocinco/Johnson will continue to be off the trading market until he not only improves his play, but also his attitude. His talent alone forces the Bengals to command more than he’s actually worth. Oh, and also, he’s a BIG BABY. Hey, everybody, look at the BIG BABY.

Source: Mouthpiece Sports
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ocho Cinco Cries to TJ Housh

Postby bungle613 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:25 pm

It's strange. I have seen a couple minidocumentaries on CJ. The guy busted his ass every day. In watching film, at practice early, team meetings etc... for years and years of his early career. It is a shame that he has become what he is, how much the Bengals had to do with his change is my big question.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Oh, and also, he’s a BIG BABY. Hey, everybody, look at the BIG BABY.

Is the guy who wrote this 10 years old? This is why I seldom read blogs. I'd like to see whoever wrote this say it to Chad's face.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Maybe Chad Johnson will be lucky enough to get out of Cincinnati in the next few years so he can use his talents to an organization that actually has their crap together. Too bad, just like for Corey Dillon, TJ Houshmanzadeh could have been Chad Johnson's Rudi Johnson if the timing had been better.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:58 pm

bungle613 wrote: It is a shame that he has become what he is, how much the Bengals had to do with his change is my big question.

Huh? Is it your intent to say that because the Bengals sucked for so many years that it affected 85's personality?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 pm

joejlitz wrote:
bungle613 wrote: It is a shame that he has become what he is, how much the Bengals had to do with his change is my big question.

Huh? Is it your intent to say that because the Bengals sucked for so many years that it affected 85's personality?

Sort of. You go to work everyday, bust your ass, follow all the rules, bring as much to the table as you can and feel you are not treated well it will absolutely change your personality. It will with just about anyone who does not have an "out" for several years. I don't know enough about the situation to say it is true but it is a very real possibility.

Find footage of himearly in his career in training camps, preseason even regular season during the week and you will see a guy who put in as much time and effort as anyone in the league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:26 am

bungle613 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

Sort of. You go to work everyday, bust your ass, follow all the rules, bring as much to the table as you can and feel you are not treated well it will absolutely change your personality. It will with just about anyone who does not have an "out" for several years. I don't know enough about the situation to say it is true but it is a very real possibility.

Find footage of himearly in his career in training camps, preseason even regular season during the week and you will see a guy who put in as much time and effort as anyone in the league.

I agree with Bungle. Chad used to have a rediculous work ethic. You can see how his unhappiness has affected his performance over the year.

But I also think he takes it personal that he can't use the end zone pylon as a putter or put ocho cinco on his jersey. The guy is an attention whore.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Huh? Is it your intent to say that because the Bengals sucked for so many years that it affected 85's personality?

I agree with Bungle. Chad used to have a rediculous work ethic. You can see how his unhappiness has affected his performance over the year.

But I also think he takes it personal that he can't use the end zone pylon as a putter or put ocho cinco on his jersey. The guy is an attention whore.

In a dysfunctional organization, whether it be a family or a business, people tend to act out.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 am

bungle613 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

I watch a lot of Dr. Phil. Seriously (but don't tell anyone). He gets a lot of people on the show who are unhappy in their relationships and they fight and argue and act out. When Dr. Phils asks why they did something, they almost always respond, "because he did this or that."

Why did you hit your wife?
She wouldn't shut up.

The good doctor's point is that a person's actions are independant and they can make their own choice how to react to other people and their environment. You don't have to hit your wife if she won't shut up. You have other options on how to control your frustration. It's not easy, but the same philosophy applies on 85. It's very difficult, and it takes a mature individual to be able to understand that, but it is possible.

I do remember admiring Chad early in his career, though.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Lewis says Bengals won’t trade WR Ochocinco

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm

From NFL.com:Lewis says Bengals won’t trade WR Ochocinco
The name has changed, but the demand for a trade has not.

If it’s April, Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco likely is seeking a trade. But once again, Ochocinco likely will be in Cincinnati after the draft passes.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis told the team’s Web site that he’s growing tired of the trade talk because Ochocinco isn’t going anywhere...

Rest of Article at Link above.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk