Need opinions for issue - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need opinions for issue

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need opinions for issue

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 pm

I really need some fairness assistance.

I took over being the commish for a league that does things different for replacement owners.

Basically instead of the new owners taking over an existing team, they have a redistribution draft that includes all players from the abandoned teams, all free agents and the rookie draft picks (not the rookies themselves but the rights to the pick positions) the teams with the abandoned owners had for the upcoming draft. This is done before the league draft.

Here's my delemma: The previous commish allowed picks for future years to be traded and there are about 6 picks from the abandoned teams that are now owned by teams that are still in the league. There is no way to figure out where those future picks should be for 2010 due to the owners trading away the picks are no longer in the league and the new owners are not directly taking over the previous owner's team.

Yes I know it sounds confusing and it is.

Here's what I put out to the league

1. No more trading picks for future years (Will keep this situation from reoccurring).

2. Those people who now own future years picks from defucnt teams will get to keep those picks but they will be placed at the end of the corresponding rounds since we do not know where they would have been(a first round will be the last pick in the 1st round). If there is more than 1 pick for a round, the picks will be decided in reverse order of last year's finish.

does this seem as fair as is possible?
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need opinions for issue

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 pm

HHF

Technically this would be biased since I'm one of the new owners but I feel the picks that were traded in tha past should be dealt with exactly how you are doing it. They shouoldn't be put back in the pool because existing owners gave away something for them. But it is impossible to figure out where those picks should go since all 3 new teams will be different than before. It also sucks for the guy who made the trade for that pick then gets a crappier one because someone left. Thats why I don't feel entitled to those picks.

You almost can't trade future picks unless you put in a clause that says what happens if we are in the situation we are in now. This is a type of league that will experience unique situations along the way. You will need to make adjustments like this to keep up.

You are in a tough situation my friend. I'm in no matter what you choose to do. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 am

Yea it has a unique way of doing some things. Thats part of what makes it fun is the difference. I'm sure I will run into more things like this and will probably PO somebody down the road because they won't like a desicio I make, but I always try to figure a fair way out of things.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby spodog » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm

seems fair to me.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner