Sheldon Brown wants to be traded - Eagles Won't Budge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Philadelphia Eagles

Sheldon Brown wants to be traded - Eagles Won't Budge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sheldon Brown wants to be traded - Eagles Won't Budge

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Brown wants a new contract. Eagles don't want to do anything in public. Lito did this last year and I hope it doesn't happen again. Brown is still talented enough to be the starter on this team.

Eagles have no plans of granting CB Brown's trade request
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles have no intention of trading disgruntled cornerback Sheldon Brown, who says he wants out after the team refused to re-negotiate his contract.

Brown is scheduled to make $2 million this season, the first of four remaining on the extension he signed in 2004. The deal included a $7.5 million signing bonus.
Rest of Article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Brown also predicts a lot of other Eagles may cause problems as a result of them being upset with their contract.

“Without a doubt there are going to be more problems,” Brown said this morning. “I’m not the first guy and I’m not going to be the last guy. What’s the incentive for guys like Trent Cole and Mike Patterson to play above their heads? Everybody’s situation is different and everybody handles their business in a different way. This situation could have been handled in a different way. I was forced to put it out there.”

Rest of Article: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/21/brown-s ... he-eagles/
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sheldon Brown wants to be traded - Eagles Won't Budge

Postby mrblitz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Sheldon has recently stated that he will not be a distraction to the team. But I really don't see him being here much longer. The Eagles will simply not take any chances of any disruptances in the locker room. Hobbs was brought here as a statement to Sheldon.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 am

mrblitz wrote:Sheldon has recently stated that he will not be a distraction to the team. But I really don't see him being here much longer. The Eagles will simply not take any chances of any disruptances in the locker room. Hobbs was brought here as a statement to Sheldon.

Yes - but contrary tol the situation with Lito Shepherd, I think Sheldon makes it through the season. I saw an article that mentioned that Sheldon is the kind of guy who will still bust his butt and lead the team, even if he is unhappy. Lito sulked on the bench.

Sheldon also saw that Lito is now a nickel back with the Jets (?) and still isn't getting big bucks. I don't think he wants that to happen to him, either.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu May 07, 2009 6:09 am

Brown or Hobbs to be relegated to the Dime
According to this article, Joselio Hanson has the nickel slot locked up, so whoever loses this battle for starting corner really won't get much PT.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Philadelphia Eagles