Need a new coffee maker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Need a new coffee maker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need a new coffee maker

Postby spodog » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 pm

I have a KRUPS brand currently. Lately, it has decided to start peeing warm water onto my counter every time I use it.

Any recommendations on a good one that will last longer than 12 months?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need a new coffee maker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:08 pm

just go buy one for $30 from Bed Bath and Beyond or Target
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm

That's funny, my coffee maker just took a crap on me too....I actually got it from my dad, same coffee maker I've had forever. Actually now that I think about it, the coffee maker was probably older than me. 8-o

it was a Mr. Coffee...guess that's what I should get again. :-?

I've been looking at ones with stainless containers, they are much more durable(obviously) and hold their heat much better. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 pm

I got a Cuisinart DCC-1100 series a couple months ago, works great. Programmable, brews fast, tells me when it needs cleaned.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 pm

I hate it when they pee on the counter.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby confused_jake » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 pm

spodog wrote:I have a KRUPS brand currently. Lately, it has decided to start peeing warm water onto my counter every time I use it.

How much coffee do you make in the morning? a whole pot or just a couple cups? If you just drink 1-2 cups I highly reccomend getting a coffee press. They are a little more work, but the coffee is so much better. Basically a coffee press is a glass cylinder that comes with a lid. attached to the lid is a plunger with a wire mesh filter on the bottom of it. You put in the coffee grounds first then pour in the water. After the coffee brews, you push down the plunger, separating the coffee from the grounds.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Good job, Jake. I was just coming to post this. A coffee press, or French press, is the only way to go.

I have two Bodum presses, but there are other good brands on the market.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:07 pm

knapplc wrote:Good job, Jake. I was just coming to post this. A coffee press, or French press, is the only way to go.

I have two Bodum presses, but there are other good brands on the market.

Yeah I also have a Bodum press and am very happy with it, now i just need to get myself a decent grinder and ill be in heaven. ;-D
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby spodog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:27 am

confused_jake wrote:
spodog wrote:I have a KRUPS brand currently. Lately, it has decided to start peeing warm water onto my counter every time I use it.

How much coffee do you make in the morning? a whole pot or just a couple cups? If you just drink 1-2 cups I highly reccomend getting a coffee press. They are a little more work, but the coffee is so much better. Basically a coffee press is a glass cylinder that comes with a lid. attached to the lid is a plunger with a wire mesh filter on the bottom of it. You put in the coffee grounds first then pour in the water. After the coffee brews, you push down the plunger, separating the coffee from the grounds.

Yeah, I have a press that I use on occassion, mostly camping.

I'm looking for the workhorse, 6 cup a day machine to just sit on the counter and do it's thing though. One that I can fill the night before, set the timer and let it do the work while I'm getting ready.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:15 am

spodog wrote:
confused_jake wrote:

Yeah, I have a press that I use on occassion, mostly camping.

I'm looking for the workhorse, 6 cup a day machine to just sit on the counter and do it's thing though. One that I can fill the night before, set the timer and let it do the work while I'm getting ready.

Well there goes my help =P. I totally understand though, i have some cheap little pot that isnt that great but works. I can answer most questions about coffee though, I work at starbucks and actually care about coffee unlike most of the people that work there. I'd like to work at a small local coffee shop, but they dont have benefits :~(
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk