League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

League Jibber Jabber

Postby bungle613 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:35 am

Random thoughts, suggestions etc... go here.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2009 Season discussion

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 am

If Booj doesn't show up where there be any problems since he was the commish? Or could we just hand the reigns over to you without much problem?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:01 am

LS2throwed wrote:If Booj doesn't show up where there be any problems since he was the commish? Or could we just hand the reigns over to you without much problem?

I am checking into that. I have taken over the Cafe's Finest as you knwo and I have Kilroy checking to see if commish power on Flea can just be transferred or if an entire new league needs to set up.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby redfox33 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:29 pm

keep us up dated.
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:12 pm

So, this leads to the question... do any of you care who takes over as commish if Booj does not appear. I think at this point it is doubtful as he has been MIA for 6 months or so.

Also, it is likely replacements will need to be found as only 5-6 owners have checked in. I will send out a PM this to everyone to see where everyone stands.

Personally, I just want to see the league continue. The first 2 years of dynasties are always rough in my experience. Have worked hard to save 2-3 in the past and they all survived.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LS2throwed » Sun May 03, 2009 10:21 pm

I don't care, I just would prefer it to be you(if your up to it) because I want the Commish to be around and available, it's just not good enough for me if you say to contact you through pm's and you won't check the site for the entire off-season...As far as replacement owners, Booj, SirP's team will need replaced as he won't be reliable to show up enough(talked to him a few times and told him I was going to replace his team without an objection), and that's really it I think...A few people haven't checked in here but they check the league site like Redfoxx and Yankee.

Killians is the only other one who has been gone for some time but I discussed a trade with him about a month ago and he said he was swamped with work, but I think he would only be the 3rd questionable team, but probably 2 for sure at this point.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:45 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I don't care, I just would prefer it to be you(if your up to it) because I want the Commish to be around and available, it's just not good enough for me if you say to contact you through pm's and you won't check the site for the entire off-season...As far as replacement owners, Booj, SirP's team will need replaced as he won't be reliable to show up enough(talked to him a few times and told him I was going to replace his team without an objection), and that's really it I think...A few people haven't checked in here but they check the league site like Redfoxx and Yankee.

Killians is the only other one who has been gone for some time but I discussed a trade with him about a month ago and he said he was swamped with work, but I think he would only be the 3rd questionable team, but probably 2 for sure at this point.

Well. I was kind of hoping Pimp was coming back. That is team is going to be tough to find a new owner for. :-b

Oh, and be careful what you ask for, I think with all the work you have put in so far that you would make a perfect co-commish. :-D
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LS2throwed » Mon May 04, 2009 12:03 am

I certainly don't mind but I figured you knew the ropes better then I did, I would need someone ti give me a run down of how everything on flea worked year 1, updating rosters after drafts, how to open and lock FA things of that nature, I tried to look online to find some tutorials but didn't see any.

I'd be fine with a co commish or w/e though...And yea it will be tough to find an owner to replace that team but they could get a decent start by moving some of those qb's probably, somebody should be up for it at least :-D Booj's team isn't bad at all, which is surprising why he never showed back up...He kinda flaked out like this before in another league that he runs that I'm in that we probably need to find a commish for as well.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby redfox33 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Either of you is ok by me, we will need to get replacements before we draft so it gives new owners a hope.
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 pm

redfox33 wrote:Either of you is ok by me, we will need to get replacements before we draft so it gives new owners a hope.

Agreed, I will give the check in thread until mid May to see how many post there and then try alternate means of contact. I wouls guess June 1 should be the absolute cut off and I will try and line up some replacements to jump right in.

May or may not be that easy. I think I got spoiled finding 5 guys in 2 hours for another league. I would say either June 1 or June 15 would be the rookie draft start dates.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Horse Traders