League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 am

Kareighuis wrote:Just wanted to clarify something-
are TD returns (punt, kick) awarded to the player, or the defense/special-teams?

Edit- and, did we decide picks in the extra-rookie/FA draft (supplemental) are trade-able?

On the first part, I believe the return TD's go to the special teams not the player, for some reason I seem to remember when Reggie Bush went nuts on Monday Night, and in my personal ppr league he had alot more pts then he did here on flea...Not 100% sure though, just would be my guess because that was the only night it came to my attention.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:38 am

All return TD's are awarded to the team.

FA draft picks are tradeable within the current year. No future picks can be attained from a FA pick and no future FA picks can be traded. EG: You can not deal 1.02 FA pick for a 2010 rookie pick and you can not deal 3.04 rookie pick for a 2010 FA pick.

I just don't want to keep track of all this. Rookie picks should be dorted and trackable on FLea but there is no way of keeping track of FA picks.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Instinctive » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:06 pm

I would object to the rookie and FA drafts being run at once.

In the FA draft, I think we should be able to take rookies that went undrafted, so this draft must come after the rookie draft.

We could just use rounds 5-7 and say all players are available then......so its trackable on Flea?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Instinctive wrote:I would object to the rookie and FA drafts being run at once.

In the FA draft, I think we should be able to take rookies that went undrafted, so this draft must come after the rookie draft.

We could just use rounds 5-7 and say all players are available then......so its trackable on Flea?

Good point, yes, rookies who go undrafted will immediately be put into the FA pool.

LEt me think of the logistics of this for a bit. I don't see any immediate issues but you never know.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:44 am

Out of town and access till Friday. I doubt you get to me so we should be okay ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Aaaw should be here tonight to make his pick, he gave us warning so we will be patient.

Rosters on Flea have been updated up until the end of round 2. Make sure everything is correct. This is the most trade happy league I have ever been in.

I have bumped the rosters to 30 spots on Flea. Cuts will have to be made prior to the start of the FA draft to bring you down to 28. If you are at your max during the FA draft you will have to post your pick and a cut as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I'm thinking about a change in plans to the FA draft and want opinions. Instead of doing a standard draft we can make it a one time blind bid auction.

Every owner will get $100 and they can submit blind bids via PM to me. Highest bid gets the player. In the result of a tie, owner with the worst 2008 record would win.

Thoughts?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:16 pm

bungle613 wrote:I'm thinking about a change in plans to the FA draft and want opinions. Instead of doing a standard draft we can make it a one time blind bid auction.

Every owner will get $100 and they can submit blind bids via PM to me. Highest bid gets the player. In the result of a tie, owner with the worst 2008 record would win.

Thoughts?

What do you do about roster space though and filling rosters? Some people have one spot open and can spend 100$ on one player becaues that's all the room they have, but if I have 8 open spots I need to spend my money differently and spread it out, so I wouldn't have enough to win one bid right?

And would I just fill my roster as usual once bidding was over, sounds OK just want to make sure I wouldn't get the short end of the stick since I have more players to acquire.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:41 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I'm thinking about a change in plans to the FA draft and want opinions. Instead of doing a standard draft we can make it a one time blind bid auction.

Thoughts?

What do you do about roster space though and filling rosters? Some people have one spot open and can spend 100$ on one player becaues that's all the room they have, but if I have 8 open spots I need to spend my money differently and spread it out, so I wouldn't have enough to win one bid right?

And would I just fill my roster as usual once bidding was over, sounds OK just want to make sure I wouldn't get the short end of the stick since I have more players to acquire.

It looks like you will have 3 open spots. The way I envision it is that you bid what you want on players, if you do not fill your roster to the 28 an immediate free agency period would be opened up for those that have not filled their rosters through the rookie draft nad the FA draft. Once all rosters are filled it would go to a normal WW claim system.

I haven't looked at the logistics of doing this but I suppose it is possible to do a flat $100 for everyone with full rosters or 1 spot open then an additional $100 for each roster spot empty. You would only be able to bid a maximum of $100 per free agent.

I would really have to look at that though, just an idea that popped into my head while typing.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:19 pm

It seems a bit too logistically complicated. Lets stick with a 3 round draft.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders