League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 am

I posed this question to Kareighuis in a PM on this subject. Curious how anyone else who would like to see a cut down period would answer it.

In 2010 you will being going into the rookie draft with a roster of 28. Some of you will have 4 picks + 2 FA picks. Do we then raise the roster limit to 34 for a cut down period. Who's going to keep track of that? I can't gett ehm on Flea. Worse in 2011 when it could be 36 guys on your team.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby redfox33 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:15 am

I don't think we should go beyond 28 as there isn't any quallity left for wavers in case one team gets hit hard with ir or players getting suspended etc. I like the reg idea of make your rookie picks and then cut down within a week or so and let the Wavier system work.
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am

redfox33 wrote:I don't think we should go beyond 28 as there isn't any quallity left for wavers in case one team gets hit hard with ir or players getting suspended etc. I like the reg idea of make your rookie picks and then cut down within a week or so and let the Wavier system work.

Yea but if you have 30 man rosters your not really concerned with an injury or suspension because you have the depth and room to prepare for it...There's still always going to be quality in waivers, just unknowns for the most part.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 am

LS2throwed wrote:
redfox33 wrote:I don't think we should go beyond 28 as there isn't any quallity left for wavers in case one team gets hit hard with ir or players getting suspended etc. I like the reg idea of make your rookie picks and then cut down within a week or so and let the Wavier system work.

Yea but if you have 30 man rosters your not really concerned with an injury or suspension because you have the depth and room to prepare for it...There's still always going to be quality in waivers, just unknowns for the most part.

Which is what dynasties are about. I am going to make the call and unless a decided majority (75%) want to do this it will not be passed.

I suggest that Kareighuis present a poll with distinct questions...

1) do you want an expanded roster for camp and preseason and then a cut down period closer to the start of the season?

2) If so, implement it for 2009

3) If so, implement it for 2010.

4) No, I want the cut down period to be immediately following the rookie draft and then the FA draft making cuts as that goes.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Instinctive » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:06 am

And what did we decide rosters would end at next year? 30 or 32?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:11 am

Instinctive wrote:And what did we decide rosters would end at next year? 30 or 32?

30 and that is likely where it would stay unless Flea accomdated larger rosters in the future. I don't want to go to the full 32 (includes IR spots) as the drafting logistics would be a nightmare.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:39 am

bungle613 wrote:
Instinctive wrote:And what did we decide rosters would end at next year? 30 or 32?

30 and that is likely where it would stay unless Flea accomdated larger rosters in the future. I don't want to go to the full 32 (includes IR spots) as the drafting logistics would be a nightmare.

I think that sounds good then.

With that size roster I really don't believe we need to change anything else up. Except maybe to just expand rosters to 30 this year after we all cut down to 28 for the FA draft. (meaning you can go through both rounds and pick players w/o cutting guys)
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:36 pm

There is zero chance we can pass a later cut down period this season. It just cant happen with people previously thinking the cut down was at a different time.

Next year install a later cut down period? Okay maybe. I'm against it. Once we are done drafting rosters should be within the limits. That way months (weeks?) later when the WW does open upon there is actual meaning to claims being put in.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 pm

I would vote for Bungle making an executive decision and moving forward. The Decider.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:I would vote for Bungle making an executive decision and moving forward. The Decider.

My choice is made but I don't have an issue with someone trying to present something. It won't work for this season and I would vote against it for next season as well but if the overwealming majority wanted it then we would have to figure out the logistics of how to implement it.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders