League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:28 am

aaawall91 wrote:Well I mean. Not to show my hand (not much of one).

I cut a certain amount of players before the draft in the hopes that instead of taking the guys I want owners will take the players I cut instead. I would of just cut players as I went had I know this would be the case. But again, I assumed.

You have me confused a little. You utilized a strategy that is not affected if we do not allow FA to be drafted that are cut DURING the FA draft. But you are pushing for owners to be able to draft immediately cut players that may affect your strategy.

UNderstood about the assumption and that is why I am trying not to be a hardass about these things. Alot of loose ends floating around mostly because this is the first time this league has run through a rookie draft.

All will be good for next year. I will work on gettign all the rules written up this week.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Yeah...I'm not sure what my point was. but I'm exhausted now, I'll try and figure it out tomorrow. !+)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm

redfox33 wrote:i hope i get a list of all fa and then yes, if i cut someone he should be able to be picked up by someone else. the real guys do.

The only list will be what Flea has and from past experience will be mediocre at best at this time of year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Just want to get a consensus on whether we should allow cut players during the FA draft to be immediatley draftable or if they should go into the WW pool.

WW pool. Seems weird to give an edge to someone who drafts right after someone making dumb cuts.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm

also you might have an owner who fills their roster and stops looking, but then a guy they want is dropped so they want back in the draft or they don't notice and lose out.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:52 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:also you might have an owner who fills their roster and stops looking, but then a guy they want is dropped so they want back in the draft or they don't notice and lose out.

Good point, never thought about that. Owner passes and then someone gets dropped who he wants... what to do about that?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:53 pm

bungle613 wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:also you might have an owner who fills their roster and stops looking, but then a guy they want is dropped so they want back in the draft or they don't notice and lose out.

Good point, never thought about that. Owner passes and then someone gets dropped who he wants... what to do about that?

Once you pass your out, that's how it should go. Waivers will still be available early in the season.

I'm also HEAVILY in favor of the blind bidding waivers that flea flicker implented this year, 100$ budget most likely, when you run out you can't claim anymore, I think that would be a great addition versus the traditional rolling waivers.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:17 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
Just want to get a consensus on whether we should allow cut players during the FA draft to be immediatley draftable or if they should go into the WW pool.

WW pool. Seems weird to give an edge to someone who drafts right after someone making dumb cuts.

Agreed.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:19 pm

So if nobody out there is better than a guy on my team, then somebody gets dropped who is...I should be punished and not have a shot at him?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Thrifty makes valid points. I'm not opposed to the drafting of players cut during the draft ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders