League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby Instinctive » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
Instinctive wrote:I was picking first, so my team was worse.

Can we get a thread up that lists the FA drafting order? I was under the impression Joey7 would go first, since his team went 0-13 in 2008.
Bungle wrote:Joey Seven will be first on the clock.

My personal tally of who have voted for "players cut during the FA draft are immediately draftable"-
Yes- Kareighuis, Redfox, LS2throwed
No- Bungle, Instinctive, thriftyrocker, mikus
and then there's aaawall- it seems he's voting no... and yes.

You quote me out of context, I was makign the hypothetical example of a team having to stand PAT and then a better team getting even more opportunity because the team after Team B made a bad decision.

And if we are going to have something lean to one way or the other, shouldn't it lean in favor of the bad teams? I don't just say this b/c my team is one of them, because I dont plan on being one for long and the same rules would be in place next year and benefiting somebody else.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:43 pm

Instinctive wrote:You quote me out of context, I was makign the hypothetical example of a team having to stand PAT and then a better team getting even more opportunity because the team after Team B made a bad decision.

Cool. My bad.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm so lost. As you can see from my posts. I've been either posting intoxicated or near deathly tired. Or both. ;-D

Any who. Players who are cut during the draft in my eyes either have to
A) Not be draftable. And must be claimed during waivers or FA.
B) Be draftable at the start of the next round (therefore worst team gets first crack)
*Once you pass you are out rule should still apply because they know full aware of the possibilities.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 am

The FA draft will be a snake and round 1 will go as follows...

1) Joey
2) Patch
3) Instinctive
4) Aaaw
5) Kareig
6) Yankee
7) Killian
8) Red
9) Thrifty
10) Mikus
11) Bungle
12) LS2

then reversed
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:27 am

bungle613 wrote:The FA draft will be a snake and round 1 will go as follows...

Cool. Questions-
1) When does the clock start?
2) I traded Steve Smith to Kilians for 2 picks, but the trade wasn't initially processed properly. When it gets to me, if Kilian still hasn't taken Smith off my hands, I won't have to cut someone, will I?
3) To prevent any draft slowdown, I'm putting LS2's 1st round FA pick (acquired in this trade) on the block. Willing to trade it for a roster-filler or 2010 4th.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
bungle613 wrote:The FA draft will be a snake and round 1 will go as follows...

Cool. Questions-
1) When does the clock start?
2) I traded Steve Smith to Kilians for 2 picks, but the trade wasn't initially processed properly. When it gets to me, if Kilian still hasn't taken Smith off my hands, I won't have to cut someone, will I?
3) To prevent any draft slowdown, I'm putting LS2's 1st round FA pick (acquired in this trade) on the block. Willing to trade it for a roster-filler or 2010 4th.

Might as well hold with the dates I posted. FA draft will start July 15th. A 2nd waiver period will be Sept 1 and then locked out until after the first weeks games. This gives us 10 days before the start of a camp to get through 2 rounds. Rosters will be filled in full for those short during 2nd waiver period or you can deal for picks in the draft.

PM him and make sure you get it right inthe next week or so. He is on every once in awhile although I think he is gone this weekend.

Post it up in the trade section for best results.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Just 2 rounds? I thought it was going to go further for the teams who were short of space and just draft until they were full.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:18 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Just 2 rounds? I thought it was going to go further for the teams who were short of space and just draft until they were full.

Yes, since no one voiced a negative opinion on that it will be allowed but it won't exactly be rounds... it will be you. I don't think we need to give other owners an option to prolong a fairly meaningless process. 2 rounds, then those with CURRENTLY empty spots can fill out their roster.

It will not be allowed in the future. You make several 2 for 1 deals over the year or at the rookie/FA draft, you will have to wait for the wire to open and fill the roster spots then.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:00 pm

bungle613 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Just 2 rounds? I thought it was going to go further for the teams who were short of space and just draft until they were full.

Yes, since no one voiced a negative opinion on that it will be allowed but it won't exactly be rounds... it will be you.

I currently have 25 players, so need 3 to have a full roster of 28. Everyone else but LS2 has 26 or over.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:34 am

I will be gone until next Monday, possibly with no computer access. I just found out also, so sorry it is short notice.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders