League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:34 pm

You can choose anyone who wasn't cut DURING the FA draft, which should be fairly obvious who those people are once we start drafting.

Is my understanding.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

mikus wrote:Hey no problem. So can we take anyone that is available on the wire? Or are some players off limits?

I thought I read somewhere that we could not take players who were cut. If that is the case, I could use a list of those players. (Please excuse my ignorance if this stuff has been posted, I am incredibly slow and busy with other endeavors)

Aaaw is correct. Everyone listed as a free agent on Flea is available in this draft. Anyone cut DURING the draft will not be draftable. Those players will be available when regular waivers open.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikus » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:33 am

Got it. Thanks guys. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I was wondering how far Mason would make it. Old dude but always quality numbers, if he comes back, solid pick up.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Please don't forget to post your cut player (if needed) with your FA draft pick. Please do not cut anyone on Flea flicker yet as it will cause confusion as to who is legally available in the draft.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:49 am

Crap. I cut my guy on Flea.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 am

Instinctive wrote:Crap. I cut my guy on Flea.

No worries, I saw it and edited your post.

Kareighius appears to be having large computer issues. He says he will check in Saturday and Monday for picks. So, his first pick should be in tomorrow for the 1.05.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:42 am

OK, there seems to be some confusion as to roster spots. We are carrying 28 player rosters this year. Essentially no one other than 2-3 owners have any roster spots left. If you make a FA pick, you need to drop a player. You are supposed to do that when you make the pick.

1.05 Bob Marley -

Cut Ice Cube -

At this point, it is not a big deal but immediately following this draft, you will be required to cut down to 28.

If you can all please try and remember to make your picks in the above format would be appreciated.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mikus » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 pm

bungle613 wrote:OK, there seems to be some confusion as to roster spots. We are carrying 28 player rosters this year. Essentially no one other than 2-3 owners have any roster spots left. If you make a FA pick, you need to drop a player. You are supposed to do that when you make the pick.

1.05 Bob Marley -

Cut Ice Cube -

At this point, it is not a big deal but immediately following this draft, you will be required to cut down to 28.

If you can all please try and remember to make your picks in the above format would be appreciated.

Well if we are only carrying 28 roster spots this year, why are 30 showing up on my team roster page (27 players and 3 empty spots)?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:11 pm

mikus wrote:
bungle613 wrote:OK, there seems to be some confusion as to roster spots. We are carrying 28 player rosters this year. Essentially no one other than 2-3 owners have any roster spots left. If you make a FA pick, you need to drop a player. You are supposed to do that when you make the pick.

1.05 Bob Marley -

Cut Ice Cube -

Well if we are only carrying 28 roster spots this year, why are 30 showing up on my team roster page (27 players and 3 empty spots)?

So I could get everyone entered for the rookie draft. Some owners had enough picks to go over the 28 man roster and then they did cuts. Purely logistics.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders