League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: Poll: Week 3 Stat Correction

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Here's a couple counterexamples

The intentional safety - Team doens't want a punt blocked so they hike the ball out of the endzone. Still counts as a safety. Heck, even some unintentional safeties - a stupid QB actually steps on the endline trying to make a pass, still counts as fantasy points.

The whoops sack - QB falls down by tripping on his own feet or bad weather conditions. Tagged by defense, still counts as sack. Or runs out of bounds while being pursued by defense. Counts as sack.

bungle613 wrote:As I have told Thrifty via PM it is a tricky situation. 2 large sites scored it differently which is the issue I am having issues with.

The way I see it is...

It is counted against Penny as a fumble and lost but...

1) It was not a forced fumble by San Diego
2) IT was not recovered by San Diego but by a Fish but out of bounds.

I looked at the stats and no one is credited for forcing a fumble or recovering a fumble. Why should the D/ST be rewarded for something they essentially had nothign to do with. They did not force the fumble or recover the fumble why give them points.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:24 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Here's a couple counterexamples

The intentional safety - Team doens't want a punt blocked so they hike the ball out of the endzone. Still counts as a safety. Heck, even some unintentional safeties - a stupid QB actually steps on the endline trying to make a pass, still counts as fantasy points.

The whoops sack - QB falls down by tripping on his own feet or bad weather conditions. Tagged by defense, still counts as sack. Or runs out of bounds while being pursued by defense. Counts as sack.

bungle613 wrote:As I have told Thrifty via PM it is a tricky situation. 2 large sites scored it differently which is the issue I am having issues with.

The way I see it is...

It is counted against Penny as a fumble and lost but...

1) It was not a forced fumble by San Diego
2) IT was not recovered by San Diego but by a Fish but out of bounds.

I looked at the stats and no one is credited for forcing a fumble or recovering a fumble. Why should the D/ST be rewarded for something they essentially had nothign to do with. They did not force the fumble or recover the fumble why give them points.

Interesting examples. You still need to get 4 people to vote Thrifty.

And for the record, this will effect a win and a loss for the 2 teams involved. I am sot sure if this creeps up again that there is a scoring rule I can adjust to make this "scored" by Flea. It will have to be a manual adjustment. I will look into that.

We should ahve discussed how votign should be handled and we will if another vote is needed for whatever topic. I am not a fan of the 7-5 vote but I think since the vote already started that if a majority (7) vote to change the boxscore we will go with that.

Any opinions... post em here.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm

Sorry for the multiple PMs to try and finish this poll.

If you don't want me to PM you anymore about this please post in this thread. I had one person complain to me about the PM but they never posted that they voted, and there's no way for me to tell.

Thanks for voting and sorry for bothering you with a minor thing like this. It's just even more annoying for this to die with a partial, still in dispute vote.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Please don't pm me, I'm not going to vote, the issue directly pertains to me and I don't feel right voting on it. And frankly i don't know which way I would vote if I did.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:16 pm

I voted already and feel the same as Bungle.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby bungle613 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:36 pm

ph
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am

I will get the 2010 draft order up as soon as I figure out all the trades.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bungle613 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 am

Tried a couple times to work out the draft order, couldn't get into enough to figure it out. We trade alot in this league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:05 pm

bungle613 wrote:Tried a couple times to work out the draft order, couldn't get into enough to figure it out. We trade alot in this league.

It shouldn't be all on you to figure it out technically. I commish another league where people trade so damn much and flea doesn't have all the updated stuff, I just sort it out the best I can to my knowledge, and tell people to check it to see if you have all your picks to your knowlege.

Most people know their own picks better then the commish, if there is something not adding up someone should catch it whoever is missing a pick, but it's tough when people had been trading year round.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Tried a couple times to work out the draft order, couldn't get into enough to figure it out. We trade alot in this league.

It shouldn't be all on you to figure it out technically. I commish another league where people trade so damn much and flea doesn't have all the updated stuff, I just sort it out the best I can to my knowledge, and tell people to check it to see if you have all your picks to your knowlege.

Most people know their own picks better then the commish, if there is something not adding up someone should catch it whoever is missing a pick, but it's tough when people had been trading year round.

Appreciate the understanding LS2 ;-D

I'll get around to it soon enough, my head is just not into FF right now.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders