League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby Instinctive » Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm

bungle613 wrote:They are both waivers but it does bidding does allow a more even playing field for all owners. Regular waivers should enable the weaker teams to catch up faster in theory.

That's what I was going for. Blind Bids give event he best teams the same fair shot at guys, whereas an ordered wire gives the worst teams first chance, typically.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Instinctive wrote:
bungle613 wrote:They are both waivers but it does bidding does allow a more even playing field for all owners. Regular waivers should enable the weaker teams to catch up faster in theory.

That's what I was going for. Blind Bids give event he best teams the same fair shot at guys, whereas an ordered wire gives the worst teams first chance, typically.

Having done both I prefer the blind bid. We brought it into a dynasty league I run 2-3 years ago and we had the same skepticism from some owners but as far as I know they are all fans of it now. You can bid $0 and still get your guy, you can bid all your loot on 1 guy or you can just pick and choose through out the year.

I am a believer, especially in dynasty leagues that waivers should not play a huge roll on a weekly basis. Dynasties are about being able to spot talent before the guy is a hot WW commodity.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri May 21, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm confused, how would regular waivers enable weaker teams to catch up faster?

the order is usually done random to start, and it's rolling, so if I start out 5th and the 4 people before me use their waiver I'm 1st no matter what my record is, and I can use it whenever I like. So if I decide to save it for week 6 on a big time player and I'm undefeated at the time, what would be hte difference if I bid 45$ and got the player?

I just think that in a dynasty where you can keep a player as long as you so choose, everyone should be able to have a crack at a player if you want to, it's always sucked to me that if your so far down you don't even have a shot at some players...It's still no guarantee you get that player with blind bidding, but EVERYONE can be in play.

I get what your saying I guess, in that say a big time RB emerges, and the championship team bids 100$ to get him or whatever, but what if the championship team had the #1 waiver anyway? I guess that's my point, it's not like the bad teams always have high priority with the way we do it, it continually rolls to the next team no matter how good or bad they are, so if we were to do it that way not sure why not to do it blind.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Questions/statements for all...

1) We need to keep track of draft picks better. Very confusing every year. I think all deals need to be completed in full on Flea and I think the changing of Team names needs to stop. Some teams have had 3-4 name changes and it is confusing when you have to go back to search trades.

2) How many rounds for 2010 and beyond rookie drafts? Did we officially settle on 4 and is it a rookie/FA draft or just rookies.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:48 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I'm confused, how would regular waivers enable weaker teams to catch up faster?

the order is usually done random to start, and it's rolling, so if I start out 5th and the 4 people before me use their waiver I'm 1st no matter what my record is, and I can use it whenever I like. So if I decide to save it for week 6 on a big time player and I'm undefeated at the time, what would be hte difference if I bid 45$ and got the player?

I just think that in a dynasty where you can keep a player as long as you so choose, everyone should be able to have a crack at a player if you want to, it's always sucked to me that if your so far down you don't even have a shot at some players...It's still no guarantee you get that player with blind bidding, but EVERYONE can be in play.

I get what your saying I guess, in that say a big time RB emerges, and the championship team bids 100$ to get him or whatever, but what if the championship team had the #1 waiver anyway? I guess that's my point, it's not like the bad teams always have high priority with the way we do it, it continually rolls to the next team no matter how good or bad they are, so if we were to do it that way not sure why not to do it blind.

I generally run dynasties with a reverse WW priority. Last place team in 2009 would have had 1st WW priority in 2009. I believe that is how I did it last year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Kareighuis » Sat May 22, 2010 5:32 pm

bungle613 wrote:Questions/statements for all...

1) We need to keep track of draft picks better. Very confusing every year. I think all deals need to be completed in full on Flea and I think the changing of Team names needs to stop. Some teams have had 3-4 name changes and it is confusing when you have to go back to search trades.

2) How many rounds for 2010 and beyond rookie drafts? Did we officially settle on 4 and is it a rookie/FA draft or just rookies.

1- Awal and I were making counter-proposals for sometime before we agreed on a trade. During that back and forth, the 2010 picks suddenly weren't available to throw into the proposal. I agree, it would certainly make things easier.

2- It was last year and this year 4 rounds. Last year it was just rookies and this year (and every year thereafter) it was gonna be rookies and FAs.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Instinctive » Sat May 29, 2010 11:42 pm

I think the biggest issue on draft picks is that the commish turned off Flea's keeping track of them. They disappeared from the site somehow, somethign that has never happened int he other 2 flea dynasty leagues I'm in.

Flea will track them. We can do all pick trades on Flea. That's why we chose it to begin with. We shouldn't have to do any work, especially not the commish.
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Instinctive wrote:I think the biggest issue on draft picks is that the commish turned off Flea's keeping track of them. They disappeared from the site somehow, somethign that has never happened int he other 2 flea dynasty leagues I'm in.

Flea will track them. We can do all pick trades on Flea. That's why we chose it to begin with. We shouldn't have to do any work, especially not the commish.

As far as I know there is no "off"switch for tracking picks on flea. Go through the transaction history... there are trades listed that until you open up the entire deal no picks are listed. There have been trades made only on the cafe, there have been trades made only on Flea. There have been partial trades made on flea to correct other deals. I can go on and on.

If you know something I don't, I am all ears.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:17 am

Instinctive wrote:I think the biggest issue on draft picks is that the commish turned off Flea's keeping track of them. They disappeared from the site somehow, somethign that has never happened int he other 2 flea dynasty leagues I'm in.

p.s. They didn't disappear the draft function was off because we do a slow draft here. You could see all picks in future picks. I turned the draft back on though and I don't have an issue what way we do this as long as everything is crystal clear.

I will cross reference the draft order here and on Flea and see if they match.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Sun May 30, 2010 1:24 pm

bungle613 wrote:

p.s. They didn't disappear the draft function was off because we do a slow draft here. You could see all picks in future picks. I turned the draft back on though and I don't have an issue what way we do this as long as everything is crystal clear.

I will cross reference the draft order here and on Flea and see if they match.

That makes more sense. I could not for the life of me figure out what happened lol.

I think that if everybody just did everything on Flea, which has the capability to track it all for us, your life would be way easier as commish. You'd never have to worry about fixing things manually because somebody did something here at the cafe.

We can use Flea to do the slow draft as well, so we don't need to post here, but rather just input your pick in the site as it comes up.
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders