League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:57 am

How about Moose Muhammad, Tolbert SD RB, and Buckley PHI RB? I'm sure if you put a post on the message board saying don't add these players til Joey confirms, no one would care enough to pick them up.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 am

I emailed him through Flea as well. HE had checked in there only 3 hours prior to that so hopefully he gets it done today.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Waivers are open. All teams have made their cuts and the waiver wire is in effect per our rules. We will have 1 set of waivers and then lock it down again until after camps are finished. We will allow one more claim period to be done prior to the start of the season.

Claims Processed Wed 7/21/10 @ 8:00 AM
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 pm

bungle613 wrote:Waivers are open. All teams have made their cuts and the waiver wire is in effect per our rules. We will have 1 set of waivers and then lock it down again until after camps are finished. We will allow one more claim period to be done prior to the start of the season.

I was surprised the waiver order reset. I guess is in the rules though. Sucks I went from 1 to 12 though with the total BS that Joey pulled.

Actually the rules say we will use blind bid whenever it is available and of course it is available. Any chance of an executive decision here?
thriftyrocker

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Waivers are open. All teams have made their cuts and the waiver wire is in effect per our rules. We will have 1 set of waivers and then lock it down again until after camps are finished. We will allow one more claim period to be done prior to the start of the season.

I was surprised the waiver order reset. I guess is in the rules though. Sucks I went from 1 to 12 though with the total BS that Joey pulled.

Actually the rules say we will use blind bid whenever it is available and of course it is available. Any chance of an executive decision here?

It keeps getting voted down. 2-4 owners are somewhere between against it and absolutely against it.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Since the rules say you will reset the waiver order for each offseason waiver session, do you plan on doing that? Or is this the last reset of the year?
thriftyrocker

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I should put more smilies in these posts because I'm not trying to be a jerk. :-]
thriftyrocker

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:I should put more smilies in these posts because I'm not trying to be a jerk. :-]

Didn't take it that way TR. It seems odd to me that it would get reset, you burn your waiver, you burn your waiver imo. Let me see if I can find anything else on it. To me, it gets reset at the beginning of the year based on the previous years results and we go from there. It is meant to help the lower ranked teams but I am firmly against reseting them weekly so don't know why would be do it the 2 times before the start of the season.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm

bungle613 wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:I should put more smilies in these posts because I'm not trying to be a jerk. :-]

Didn't take it that way TR. It seems odd to me that it would get reset, you burn your waiver, you burn your waiver imo. Let me see if I can find anything else on it. To me, it gets reset at the beginning of the year based on the previous years results and we go from there. It is meant to help the lower ranked teams but I am firmly against reseting them weekly so don't know why would be do it the 2 times before the start of the season.

I was #2 and doing this :-) :-D Now I'm #11 and doing this :-o :-C :~(

Don't know what place my team took last year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 pm

WAIVER WIRE
We will be using a waiver system for all adds/drops. A player will be on waivers for three days after he is dropped. Waiver priority will be the reverse order of the draft for the first week.

Waiver wire will be reverse order of the previous season for all 3 waiver starts. On July 15th you can put in as many claims as you want but it will only be once, the wire will then clsoe again for camps and preseason. On September 1st the same will happen. You can put in as many claims as you want but only on September 1st. The wire will then close until after the week 1 games. The wire will then proceed as normal throughout the season.

Please note, that when Fleaflicker institutes the auction we will utilize that format. It is scheduled for this season (2009) but has not started as of yet.

Doesn't really affect my strategy since I'm putting in a ga-jillion claims this week no matter what. Just curious cause it's in the first post in the rules thread.
thriftyrocker

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders