League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
Instinctive wrote:The poeple who didn't have a feel for it never really got a feel for it, and the people who did (not to brag, but me haha) got a league championship or three grabbing guys like Miles Austin because we knew about how much players were worth and some people would fall in love with a guy and get screwed.

I don't think you have to protect anyone. Chances are the next Miles Austin is already owned because the roster size is what 360 players? Miles Austin was never dropped in this league.

I still don't have a feel for rolling waivers, obviously. I had #1 priority and didn't use it.

I don't have a feel for blind bid either. In one league where we started blind bid last year, I spent my whole budget on Ryan Moats.

Just FYI, you did not have #1 priority. I believe you were listed as #1 as Fleas default of draft order. You won the league, would have drafted last therefore got #1 WW. I have this system in a couple leagues but we do not utilize it in this league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 am

from joeyseven
how hell did that happen?I was just over at flea and noticed it.
Only thing i can thinK I did was when i went to cut Mike Tolbert,sd i hit Forsett by misake.
my mistake I will eat it,and I'll have to double check next time triple.
crap

I am leaning towards putting him back on his roster. I believe it to be a keying error on his part, it ws his error but honestly, yhis league is supposed to be fun. I will put him back on joey's roster as long as most don't object.

Part 2.... I think we have to put a hold on the waivers for this week since we are voting on a change. I won't kill them until Sunday and hopefully everyone chimes in and we get this resolved.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 am

bungle613 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I can say I would be weary about blind bidding but not because I don't like it. More because I have never done it and don't really understand it. I kind of get the point that I have to put money out to get a player but I only have so much. I fear I'm going to go after someone than have a key player go down not leaving me enough money to go after the replacement.

I can help co-commish if everyone is ok with a rookie to the league doing it. My compensation would be Forsett :-D

Part 1...ok by me.

Part 2 Not ok by me.

:-°

I don't feel a rookie should be co commish either truthfully. It was like extended silence in a room and I had to say something to offer help since noone was answering. I already commish one and co commish 2.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 am

Why would you roll over the budget of blind bidding from 1 year to another? That doesn't make sense to me. You start with $100, even if you started with $200, there really isn't any point or advantage of rolling it over to the next season. Like Thrifty said, were not 20 man rosters, so the FA pool is very thin, I don't think anyone very talented will be dropped often.

Also Bungle, I'd probably just put Forsett back on his team. I would have done it anyway, but since he said it was a slip even more so. Forsett is a borderline starter, nobody just drops guys like that, even if he meant to I would have elected to put him back.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:45 am

bungle613 wrote:
from joeyseven
how hell did that happen?I was just over at flea and noticed it.
Only thing i can thinK I did was when i went to cut Mike Tolbert,sd i hit Forsett by misake.
my mistake I will eat it,and I'll have to double check next time triple.
crap

I am leaning towards putting him back on his roster. I believe it to be a keying error on his part, it ws his error but honestly, yhis league is supposed to be fun. I will put him back on joey's roster as long as most don't object.

Part 2.... I think we have to put a hold on the waivers for this week since we are voting on a change. I won't kill them until Sunday and hopefully everyone chimes in and we get this resolved.

I don't think he meant to drop the guy. I would not be against putting him back on his team.

As for WW. All this is starting to confuse me a bit. I thought I would have #2 but now I'm not sure.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 am

He is back but only for now. If several objections are raised then we will discuss it. I do believe it was a mistake but you can't just go messing with rosters.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Putting him back on the roster is fine by me.

I wouldn't be against rolling over BB money year to year. Don't see why not. But I also think we should do a scaled system for waivers.

You get more money to spend each year based on where you finished last year, best teams get more money etc. This helps with peoples issue with the change from WW to BB.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:14 pm

No prob with putting Forsett back. I like blind bid but not carrying over balances to subsequent seasons! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Instinctive » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:53 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Putting him back on the roster is fine by me.

I wouldn't be against rolling over BB money year to year. Don't see why not. But I also think we should do a scaled system for waivers.

You get more money to spend each year based on where you finished last year, best teams get more money etc. This helps with peoples issue with the change from WW to BB.

This is how I'd do it. Except the worst teams would get more.........not the best ones lol.

I would be firmly against blind bid if we don't roll it over. It's a DYNASTY league. That means if I decide to save all $100 this year, and then everyone gets $100 more next year, I have $200. It definitely adds a layer of strategy to rebuilding, like going with young upside guys who may be down this year, but hit their stride the next season. In the same way, I can save the money this year for a big FA next year, or what have you.

It's a dynasty. Why wouldn't we roll over the money?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Lol...sorry I did mean worst teams get more money.

Also, what is the argument AGAINST rolling over? I understand for the sake of simplicity and respect every-ones opinion I'm just curious, I could be persuaded...

Obviously after some more discussion on both of theses they need to go to a poll IMO
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders