League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: League Jibber Jabber

Postby The Lung » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Did you guys see that Fleaflicker has been acquired by its original founder, Ori Schwartz. As of July 22, 2011 AOL will no longer operate the Fleaflicker service.

I am actually excited about the news. One of the reasons I didn't return to the Cafeholics Anonymous league last year was because I really didn't like the Flea interface (as it was when owned by AOL) which was weird because a lot of people raved about how good it was.

Hopefully Ori will return the host to its former glory. Did we find a replacement owner and are we ready to draft at the beginning of July? :-?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Yup, pumped about flea, but everything excites me about flea!
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Last year was my 1st year with Flea. I liked it alot. The only thing I dont like was the Blind Bid but it was voted in so what can you do.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am

Alright ppl, seems I sensed a general agreement on the roster changes that wasn't really there. So, we're gonna do this in a methodical, though rapid-fire way. The polls will be open a week, to get through all these proposals.

Poll 1 will be to determine whether there's enough support to change the starting lineup spots as currently constituted. If it passes, further polls will be put forward to examine ways the SL can be changed.

Poll 1-Change Starting Lineup (SL) slots
In favor
oppose

Poll 2 will be to determine whether there's enough support to add a spot to the Starting Lineup. As currently constituted, we start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, D. If enough favor adding a spot, another poll will open up to consider what types of players can be started there.

Poll 2- Add a slot to SL
In favor
oppose

If enough are in favor of changing the SL slots, then polls A and B will be opened up-
Poll A-Change RB2
No
to R/W
to W/T
to R/W/T

Poll B- Change WR3
No
to R/W
to W/T
to R/W/T

If enough are in favor if adding a slot to SL, then poll C will be opened up-
Poll C- We're adding a slot to the SL. Should it be
R/W
W/T
R/W/T

If you'd prefer different options or more polls, please say so. :*) X-I
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:27 am

Poll Status Update. We have 12 active members. Please make certain you've voted. Polls need 8 for proposal to pass. Polls close early next week.

Trade-able Blind-bid Budgets?
4-3 in favor of trading budgets

Thrifty's Special
7-0 in favor of fumble recovery TDs, punt return TDs and kick return TDs applying to players and not defenses.

Should blind-bid budgets roll over?
1-6 in favor of blind-bid budgets rolling over.

Roster size- 30 or 34?
5-4 in favor of expanding the roster to 34 spots.

Change Starting Lineup (SL) slots
5-3 in favor of changing starting lineups in some way at some future point.

Add a slot to SL
6-3 in favor of adding an SL slot in some way at some future point.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:55 am

To accommodate those on July 4th trips, polls have been extended to early Tuesday (most are very early Tuesday)

Thrity's Special has enough votes to pass. "Add a slot to SL" needs 1 more vote. Change Starting Lineup (SL) slots needs 1 more, too. 34 for the Roster Size expansion needs two.

Draft start time determined by results of polls.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:01 pm

You guys need to stop trading Deon Butler. This is getting ridiculous.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:You guys need to stop trading Deon Butler. This is getting ridiculous.

Huh. Hadn't noticed that, since March last year, he's been traded 5 times now. The new Jeremy Maclin?- traded 5 times in 11 months in another league.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I am already starting to see some of the things that annoyed me before with FleaFlicker. With MFL, I get a notice when players are dropped. Not that I care all that much, but it would be nice to know that a manager dropped TE Jeremy Shockey so that I could put him on my watch list if I wanted to. Additionally, while I would only vote to veto a trade if it was so lopsided that collusion was suspected, I had no idea Underpants Gnomes/Barry's Boyz tarde was up for voting until after it already went through. Also, the message board is totally a disaster and just seeing where/when a new message is made is a pain. And finally, someone sent me a trade offer and I had no idea until after several days, when the manager sent me a PM here at the Cafe. Is there some notification setting in Flea which I can configure to be notified of these things?!? :-?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:38 pm

The Lung wrote:I am already starting to see some of the things that annoyed me before with FleaFlicker. With MFL, I get a notice when players are dropped. Not that I care all that much, but it would be nice to know that a manager dropped TE Jeremy Shockey so that I could put him on my watch list if I wanted to. Additionally, while I would only vote to veto a trade if it was so lopsided that collusion was suspected, I had no idea Underpants Gnomes/Barry's Boyz tarde was up for voting until after it already went through. Also, the message board is totally a disaster and just seeing where/when a new message is made is a pain. And finally, someone sent me a trade offer and I had no idea until after several days, when the manager sent me a PM here at the Cafe. Is there some notification setting in Flea which I can configure to be notified of these things?!? :-?

I think there is an email setting. Whenever someone sends me a trade offer it comes through as an email to my iphone, tells me what the offer is, and gives me the link to go directly to it. As far as adds, or drops, anything like that, when I usually log onto flea flicker it'll be on the main page showing me all of my leagues. It'll then put a small red square with a '3' or whatever in it, saying how many new notifications have happened. Adds, Drops, messages, trade offers, etc. Only some of them give me email notifications, but when you check the home page it'll always let you know if there was any activity.

I agree about the message board, it got alot worse IMO. But I have my email routed to my phone, so I try and get board notifications and flea notifications emailed to me so I don't miss out just in case.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer