League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: League Jibber Jabber

Postby The Lung » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Okay, I found the following settings in my profile under e-mail alerts:

• Remind me the night before a fantasy draft
  • Notify me whenever a new trade is up for review or a trade involving my team is changed.
  • Allow users in my league(s) to send me messages.
  • Allow any registered Fleaflicker user to send me a message (your E-mail will remain private).
  • Notify me of changes to league settings.
  • Notify me of important Fleaflicker announcements (no more than 1 or 2 per year, usually zero).
  • Notify me whenever a draft pick is made in an E-mail draft.
  • Notify me when I am on the clock in an E-mail draft (recommended).
  • Notify me when any message is posted on my league's message boards.

So I assume one of those options is going to e-mail me when someone sends me a trade offer?!?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 am

Yea that sounds like what they do for me. Again some things you won't get an email, but when you log into fleaflicker and your on the main screen with all your leagues showing up it'll let you know how many notifications happened in each league from that screen. I just log into that a few times a day and see what activity has happened and it'll keep me posted on it all.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 am

Like LS2, I just log in a few times a day to look for the red boxes with the numbers. I can check it easy on my phone. I also agree with LS2's advice, but the email alerts I get can't be routed to another email and don't tell my exactly what was said or offered (depending on the notification) before Flea was bought.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

Tradeable Blind-Bid Budgets didn't pass- 6-6
Change SL slots didn't pass- 7-3
Roster Expansion didn't pass- 6-6
Blind-bid budgets rollover didn't pass- 1-9

Add a slot to SL passed- 8-4
Thrifty's Special passed- 11-0

Because the majority has decided to add another player to the starting lineup, there are two separate questions that I can see-
A- What type of player should it be
B- When should we start this

When should we start the draft? I'd say Thursday 10AM eastern is reasonable.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 pm

So I got an e-mail from Flea notifying me of a trade offer today, which was nice. But then was I looking at the trading block, and I tried to input some players and it wouldn't let me select more than one. If I want to put, say, 10 players on the trading block and I have to do it individually then that is a major pain in the ass! These are the little kind of things with a league host that don't sound like much on their own, but together and over time just really soured me about FleaFlicker.

On the positive side, I noticed that you could do trades with 3 or more teams at once. I think that is a feature that not even mighty MyFantasyLeague.com can do. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:08 pm

The Lung wrote:So I got an e-mail from Flea notifying me of a trade offer today, which was nice. But then was I looking at the trading block, and I tried to input some players and it wouldn't let me select more than one. If I want to put, say, 10 players on the trading block and I have to do it individually then that is a major pain in the ass! These are the little kind of things with a league host that don't sound like much on their own, but together and over time just really soured me about FleaFlicker.

On the positive side, I noticed that you could do trades with 3 or more teams at once. I think that is a feature that not even mighty MyFantasyLeague.com can do. ;-D

The trade block thing is strange, used to not be that way I swear.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:19 am

Kareighuis wrote:When should we start the draft? I'd say Thursday 10AM eastern is reasonable.

Yes.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing this by now, but I almost got screwed really bad by FleaFlicker today.

If you have multiple trade offers out, notice how they are listed on top of each other and barely separated by a slight change in color shade. Well, a manager sent me an offer and in looking at the offer, what I saw was a player from another trade below it included in, which made the trade seem entirely unbalanced. It was only when I rejected the offer that I could see the actual terms of the deal. So I immediately resubmitted the exact same trade. But before the manager who originally proposed it could accept it, he received another offer from a different manager for the same draft pick we were trading for, and he took that deal.

This was a deal I was really happy with and I was furious, mostly at myself for not looking carefully enough. But at the same time, it seems like the league host is partly to blame because of the way the trades are displayed. Seriously, the difference in shade color is so slight that it's really, really difficult to see where one trade ends and another begins. And it's this way whether I'm looking at it on my smartphone or my laptop. Go look at how your trades are submitted and displayed at other league hosts and there's absolutely no chance for confusion.

The silver lining is that the manager (Boomer Sooner) then made essentially the same offer using the same 2012 draft pick instead of the 2011 draft pick we were originally bartering for, and then even added another 4th round pick to it. Additionally, the draft picks could theoretically end up better next year depending on the final position of the team to which they belong. So it could end up having a lot more value for me. I really appreciate that Instinctive went to those lengths to follow through with the trade, and I hold him in especially high regard. ;-D

The league host on the other hand, not so much. FleaFlicker sucks. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 pm

The Lung wrote:it seems like the league host is partly to blame because of the way the trades are displayed. Seriously, the difference in shade color is so slight that it's really, really difficult to see where one trade ends and another begins.

I've noticed this too. One time, had something like 5-7 trades sitting there, and nearly every one of them had 3 or more elements per side. Like you, I could hardly tell where one trade ended and another began.

On the flip side, Flea has new ownership. Since they were previous owners, and founders if I recall correctly, they could have more of a connection to the service and try to improve it. Actually, at the bottom on the right of Flea, you'll see "Forums". One of them- "Suggestions to Improve Fleaflicker". I posted in the forums recently and got a helpful response from one of them that resolved the issue directly. In this league last year, emailed them back and forth, trying to get the waivers issue resolved. They were responsive, but less helpful then.

I'm gonna give the new guys a break.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby redfox33 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

I agree that its hard to see at flea, but the flea also was sending me e-mails and that is what i was using as i was at work and had to peek fast inbetween patients. Makes it fun when you can't really focus and you have to rely on your memory and not the magazines etc. Hopefully everyone made good trades as i believe sometime both sides can benifit from it. GIT ER DONE
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders