League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: League Jibber Jabber

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Well I under estimated of the drafting in this league I guess because I wanted like 5 guys at 3.02 I just knew would be there and they all came off the board in the 2nd round lol. Good job fellas. If anyone wants the pick shoot me an offer, I need to look at whose out here and would also be interested in picks next year as always. Run something by me.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 am

LS2throwed wrote:Well I under estimated of the drafting in this league I guess because I wanted like 5 guys at 3.02 I just knew would be there and they all came off the board in the 2nd round lol. Good job fellas. If anyone wants the pick shoot me an offer, I need to look at whose out here and would also be interested in picks next year as always. Run something by me.

Made an offer :)
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:11 am

my 3.04 is also available
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

I had some offers that were close, but just opted to pick at this point instead of throwing out some counter offers. I was a huge Titus Young fan bfore the draft, not so much now. If anyone is interested you can send me an offer for him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:14 am

Maybe I'm thinking too one-dimensionally, but I personally think it's kind of strange to trade for a player (Mike Thomas) or draft a player (Titus Young) who you don't really like and then immediately try to get rid of. Am I alone with that viewpoint? :-?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

The Lung wrote:Maybe I'm thinking too one-dimensionally, but I personally think it's kind of strange to trade for a player (Mike Thomas) or draft a player (Titus Young) who you don't really like and then immediately try to get rid of. Am I alone with that viewpoint? :-?

It is interesting, but with the insane player movement here, the faith you can move them has a solid grounding in reason.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 am

The Lung wrote:Maybe I'm thinking too one-dimensionally, but I personally think it's kind of strange to trade for a player (Mike Thomas) or draft a player (Titus Young) who you don't really like and then immediately try to get rid of. Am I alone with that viewpoint? :-?

Don't dislike Thomas. In fact I probably end up keeping him just because the value I'm getting offered in trades doesn't match with what I think his upside is. I think I got a good value in the trade, adding him in at the last second (no pun intended). If I can swap him for something I like better, it's a win. If no one wants him and he gives me a couple spot starts over even lesser guys (like Mason), that's fine too.

You offered me Marion Barber in a trade already :-) It's not much different. I assume he was an afterthought or last second add-on in your deal, so if you can move him for something you like better, you're already open to that possibility.

I'm sure LS2 got offered decent things for the pick but decided Titus was worth more. Maybe someone at 3.4 or 3.5 really wanted Titus but thought LS2 might pass on him.

There's players you like, players you don't like, and players you'll take and see what happens. I'll take Thomas and see what happens. Basically all the WRs I traded for the past week or two I really like and targeted specifically yet I've flipped most of them (Bowe, Harvin, Collie) and still have Thomas.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:34 am

One could argue the "value" of the player exceeds what your giving up its a good exchange.

Not that I'd ever support the acquiring of Mike Thomas or Titus Young ;-)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:13 am

I actually do like Titus Young, just not his situation personally. Of his talent yes. I also realize there are alot of guys off my radar to an extent who go onto be big players. I don't remember having Collie or Knox on a single 1 of my teams last year and I passed on them numerous times. I like Titus Young much more then a future 3rd in 2012, and I actually think he'll be productive this year. I just always want to extend the offer if someone is intersted because I already drafted someone who was traded minutes later, maybe somebody had a package or player that I'd like more then Titus Young.

If I feel like it'll improve my team more, doesn't bother me that I just drafted them. He's not cemented on my team for this year though, but I certainly know he's gonna prove to be valuable, just because I'm not a huge fan doesn't mean he won't amount to anything.

It was just most of "my guys" were gone, but I have learned that doesn't mean all the productive players were off the board. There are alot of other guys I really like in the draft but none I think will be better then Young will at this point. I would have preferred him to go somewhere like STL, or Baltimore is all, not a team with a young #1 who will always be that guy. I am a big believer in his talent level, and if no one sends me an offer I like I'll keep him and I think be happy with the selection.

Pushing it off for a year, and coming away with a worst pick in the 3rd rd next year or the 4th or 5th wasn't really going to help me, and I wasn't gonna reach when I have three 4ths upcoming. Just my take.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby iamgregg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 am

I don't remember having Collie or Knox on a single 1 of my teams last year and I passed on them numerous times.

Well, only the super-smart guys had the foresight to draft both them when they came out :-D
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders