League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: League Jibber Jabber

Postby iamgregg » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

The Lung wrote:Guys, I could absolutely swear I made my 5.03 pick at 7:30 this morning. I remember typing up the pick and then clicking submit and seeing it go through. And yet, I was wondering all damn day why the next manager hadn't gone yet, and just never bothered to check this thread. Sorry about the delay. :-/

Someone clicked preview ;-D
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:52 pm

iamgregg wrote:
The Lung wrote:Guys, I could absolutely swear I made my 5.03 pick at 7:30 this morning. I remember typing up the pick and then clicking submit and seeing it go through. And yet, I was wondering all damn day why the next manager hadn't gone yet, and just never bothered to check this thread. Sorry about the delay. :-/

Someone clicked preview ;-D

That is funny :-D :-b I was wondering what is this guy doing. I can see him looking in 4th and inches but he won't pick. :-b
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 am

Lung proposed changing league description- "Is there anything better than creating a dynasty and sitting at #1 for many years in a row?" I agree very vanilla. I think a better description would naturally follow from renaming the league, which also has a very vanilla name. C'mon, "Fourth and Inches"? Yawn.

Last year, we traded like crazy. I wondered whether it'd carry-over- it did, and was even more trade crazy. Last year, Stomper made a suggestion I think is perfect for a name-
stomperrob wrote:Maybe we should rename the league itself:

:-D

Alternately, Thrifty blurted something that gave me another possible name idea- "Bunch of Misfits".

Thoughts? Either of those names better? Other suggestions? Make the change to Stomper's idea, or put it up for a poll?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 am

Kareighuis wrote:Lung proposed changing league description- "Is there anything better than creating a dynasty and sitting at #1 for many years in a row?" I agree very vanilla. I think a better description would naturally follow from renaming the league, which also has a very vanilla name. C'mon, "Fourth and Inches"? Yawn.

Last year, we traded like crazy. I wondered whether it'd carry-over- it did, and was even more trade crazy. Last year, Stomper made a suggestion I think is perfect for a name-

Alternately, Thrifty blurted something that gave me another possible name idea- "Bunch of Misfits".

Thoughts? Either of those names better? Other suggestions? Make the change to Stomper's idea, or put it up for a poll?

Horse traders was funny. There is a S%$&load of trading in this league.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:03 am

Alright noticed somone dropped Tamme so I had to get back in the 5th. I was going to drop Evan Moore if I needed space so I traded him and my 5th next year for DD's otc pick. Got Tamme. ;-D

Dallas Clark owner hit me up ;-)
Cowboys 4 life

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Lung proposed changing league description- "Is there anything better than creating a dynasty and sitting at #1 for many years in a row?" I agree very vanilla. I think a better description would naturally follow from renaming the league, which also has a very vanilla name. C'mon, "Fourth and Inches"? Yawn.

Horse traders was funny. There is a S%$&load of trading in this league.

I def like stomper's idea!!! :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Lol all good ideas. I agree the name doesn't fit the style of the league. The transaction page is always lit up with trades. Forget that, we can do 3 way freakin trades on flea flicker!? Guess which league showed me that and will probably be the only league I see it happen lmao. ;-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Lol all good ideas. I agree the name doesn't fit the style of the league. The transaction page is always lit up with trades. Forget that, we can do 3 way freakin trades on flea flicker!? Guess which league showed me that and will probably be the only league I see it happen lmao. ;-D

I didn't know it either. Instinctive got that started. I was proud to have completed my 1st trade 3 some :-D :-b
Cowboys 4 life

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Lol all good ideas. I agree the name doesn't fit the style of the league. The transaction page is always lit up with trades. Forget that, we can do 3 way freakin trades on flea flicker!? Guess which league showed me that and will probably be the only league I see it happen lmao. ;-D

I didn't know it either. Instinctive got that started. I was proud to have completed my 1st trade 3 some :-D :-b

Wait, you were not proud to have done a regular 3-some?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:15 am

Kareighuis wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Wait, you were not proud to have done a regular 3-some?

Unfortunatly that is something i cannot brag about. :,-( I made an attempt once but only ended up with one of the chicks. The other went out and sat on the couch. :-t
Cowboys 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders