League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: League Jibber Jabber

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:We then move to blind-bid weekly adds each week the rest of the season.

This is a rule change. I am fine with it, but it is a change.

Woops. Meant off/pre-season. Nothing changes during the actual season.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:We then move to blind-bid weekly adds each week the rest of the season.

This is a rule change. I am fine with it, but it is a change.

Woops. Meant off/pre-season. Nothing changes during the actual season.

Still a change.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Sounds like we might have to put it up for vote on it. This can go on forever if we dont put a limit on it. Then it makes the WW pickups before the season worthless.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 pm

I think most will be fine with ending this after this round.

Just the existing rule is no waivers until just before W1. If we're going to have weekly waivers during offseason, this is a rule change. Most of the other Cafe leagues are doing weekly waivers all offseason, but we've stuck to NOT doing this in the past.

Maybe what K's said hasn't been that clear, and you guys weren't intending on doing that.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 pm

A vote makes the most sense, but it seemed like we were making rules on the fly anyway. That's how we started doing this anyway I thought. Why would waivers have to be locked until week 1 anyway since flea lets you use them every week, and the budget goes over into the season. Because if that was the case I would have liked to just go into waivers after the draft was over but there wasn't a vote and I got to pick last again vs get a crack at 1 of the 11 players before my pick. Granted, I wouldn't have been able to do anything different in terms of picks I made, but it would have been nice to know a bit earlier.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:41 pm

LS2throwed wrote:A vote makes the most sense, but it seemed like we were making rules on the fly anyway. That's how we started doing this anyway I thought. Why would waivers have to be locked until week 1 anyway since flea lets you use them every week, and the budget goes over into the season. Because if that was the case I would have liked to just go into waivers after the draft was over but there wasn't a vote and I got to pick last again vs get a crack at 1 of the 11 players before my pick. Granted, I wouldn't have been able to do anything different in terms of picks I made, but it would have been nice to know a bit earlier.

I like WW every week now but no FA's until week 1 ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Instinctive » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 pm

I had the impression that we did this pre-waiver thing until each person had passed, simply as a way to fill out rosters. Then the WW was shut down until week 1 like usual.

Was that not the understanding?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

LS2throwed wrote:A vote makes the most sense, but it seemed like we were making rules on the fly anyway. That's how we started doing this anyway I thought. Why would waivers have to be locked until week 1 anyway since flea lets you use them every week, and the budget goes over into the season. Because if that was the case I would have liked to just go into waivers after the draft was over but there wasn't a vote and I got to pick last again vs get a crack at 1 of the 11 players before my pick. Granted, I wouldn't have been able to do anything different in terms of picks I made, but it would have been nice to know a bit earlier.

I agree we have gotten off the beaten track a bit. Im a believer in voting for changes then implementing them down the line. This kind of caught me off guard. ITs fine though and allowed others to fill ouyt rosters but its almost like adding 2 new rounds to the rookie draft.

If I was voting I would say we do the draft like normal 5 rounds then have a WW each week until season starts. Then normal during actual season.

This was a weird year with the lockout and no team was able to pick up the undrafted FA's until we were most of the way through the draft. This made the mose sense.

I think we vote on how we want it for next year. Easiest way in my opinion. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Instinctive » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

It should keep going. That was clearly the idea behind it. If we want to change it for next year, fine, but some f us made draft and trade decisions (and cut decisions) based on the fact that there would be a chance to fill out the roster through this pre-waiver thing.

I don't believe I was the only one with this understanding.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Instinctive wrote:It should keep going. That was clearly the idea behind it. If we want to change it for next year, fine, but some f us made draft and trade decisions (and cut decisions) based on the fact that there would be a chance to fill out the roster through this pre-waiver thing.

I don't believe I was the only one with this understanding.

I agree with this.

I don't see why we would scrap it. We are in no danger of not being ready for the season, as it stands today we could play if needed.

Those who passed knew full well what the impacts of that decision was.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders