League Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

League Jibber Jabber

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Season and Beyond discussion

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:11 pm

bungle613 wrote:Well, against every rookie principal I have... I took Stafford. Still not sure why other than dreams of Calvin and Stafford growing old together.

Next...

I think you made the right choice picking there and Stafford was a logical choice don't know why you hate that...You certainly could use some youth at the QB position, and I really don't think he'll bust having Calvin to throw to his whole career, it may of been a risky pick if you had only one but you had three so it made sense.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:26 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Well, against every rookie principal I have... I took Stafford. Still not sure why other than dreams of Calvin and Stafford growing old together.

Next...

I think you made the right choice picking there and Stafford was a logical choice don't know why you hate that...You certainly could use some youth at the QB position, and I really don't think he'll bust having Calvin to throw to his whole career, it may of been a risky pick if you had only one but you had three so it made sense.

Stop being pragmatic. You should totally be mocking him right now. He took a QB. In the first round.

8-o 8-o 8-o :-b :-b :-b
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:39 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

Next...

Stop being pragmatic. You should totally be mocking him right now. He took a QB. In the first round.

8-o 8-o 8-o :-b :-b :-b

I have done it once before... 2004 1.12 and 2.01. Favre as by QB in a dynasty took Ben and Eli. Kind of worked out.

oh... and shut up Thrifty! ;-) :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:00 am

its a QB run! everyone hop on!
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:33 am

redfox33 wrote:I agree, to what is decided. Yes add back my two cut players as i was caught jumping the gun..

Will do eventually. There appears to be a glitch of some sorts going on with the add feature. A couple other guys are having issues with it as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 am

I also am highly in favor of doing a Waiver add even after the FA draft before it's opened up to free agents in pre-season, I have a nice amount of roster spots to fill that won't be full after both of our drafts so I don't mind putting my claims in early in the season so I can get all the players I want to fill my roster.

As far as the draft, I felt like that Andre Brown pick was a reach but I like him so much I think he'll end up being worth that spot, but that was good news for me as I was targeting him with 1.09 or if I moved to 2.01 so I can't be mad. :-D I'm doing another dynasty draft where he lasted until the first few picks of the 2nd so I'm scrambling to make a move up for him, he just needs to stay healthy and he'll be a beast at the next level.

And well, I originally thought I needed to move up to the 3rd or so spot back in Feb to take McCoy so I'm happy to have landed him where I stayed, especially knowing Westy needs surgery, I just wasn't a Shonn Greene fan though I would of taken him due to value if i had to.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 am

bungle613 wrote:
redfox33 wrote:I agree, to what is decided. Yes add back my two cut players as i was caught jumping the gun..

Will do eventually. There appears to be a glitch of some sorts going on with the add feature. A couple other guys are having issues with it as well.

Stallworth and Hilliard have been addded back on. Still can't do it from my home computer but Flea should be able to figure that out for me eventually.

Rosters have been temporarily bumped to 30 so when trading, no cuts should need to be done.

DO NOT ADD FREE AGENTS VIA THE WAIVER WIRE PLEASE.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:17 am

OK, so here is my suggestion based on everyone's input.

1) We rasie the roster limit to 28 this year, an increase of 3 spots.
2) In 2010 we add another 2 spots bringing the rosters up to 30.
3) We carry on with the NFL style 4 round PURE rookie draft. This will be how it will continue every year.
4) One July 1st we start a 2 round snake style FA draft. This also will be an annual event.
5) All rookie picks are tradeable as we are handling it now. Up to 1 year out.
6) In the spirit of free enterprise the FA picks are tradeable as well but only within the current year. I have no automated way of keeping track of them so want to keep it within the same year. They can be traded for current year rookie picks or current rostered players or for other current FA picks ONLY.
7) For this year only, the FA draft will be continued until all rosters are full at 28. This allows anyone who made drops to make room (when it was needed) to fill their roster. When you are full, you will simply post that you pass on all remaining FA picks. If your rookie picks fill you to the maximum of 28, you will either have to pass immediately on FA picks or post a cut when you post your FA pick.
8) Regular waiver wire transactions will start week 1.

#7 Slightly confusing but it does make sense.

Yeah or nay??? If nay... tell us why.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 pm

I like those resolutions, 2 round FA draft every off-season sounds good also...#7 is a great idea, so I'm on board with what you've came up with.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero