US declares public health emergency - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

US declares public health emergency

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: US declares public health emergency

Postby knapplc » Tue May 05, 2009 7:35 pm

scottaa1 wrote:(blame Pete Coors)

You can blame Mr. Coors. I'm blaming Mr. Miller. :-D

Got the grill going, doing up some shrimp tacos, got the cervesas going for cinco de mayo...

es muy bueno, senor! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:55 pm

Metroid wrote:This is going to sound harsh but I think a good widespread pandemic is just what this planet could use. If we as humans aren't going to control our population and be responsible caretakers of our planet then mother earth needs to step in, bitch slap us, and thin us out a little. Estimates range from 74 to 90 million new humans added to the planet each year, at that rate the human population could balloon to over 8.5 billion people by 2025, and I've read some recent studies that predict 9.2 billion people by 2050. :-t

/end rant

actually I agree with you.

...I just don't wanna be one of those dead people. :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue May 05, 2009 8:07 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Metroid wrote:This is going to sound harsh but I think a good widespread pandemic is just what this planet could use. If we as humans aren't going to control our population and be responsible caretakers of our planet then mother earth needs to step in, bitch slap us, and thin us out a little. Estimates range from 74 to 90 million new humans added to the planet each year, at that rate the human population could balloon to over 8.5 billion people by 2025, and I've read some recent studies that predict 9.2 billion people by 2050. :-t

/end rant

I hear ya. But the sad truth is that if a major pandemic did occur many of the people you know, and maybe even you, would in fact be one of those dead people. So would I and many of the people I know...It feels weird to "want" that but I kinda do. Really that's not what I want. What I really want is for us to be more responsible caretakers of our planet...but since most of the humans on this planet seem to be incapable of doing that then mother nature needs to step in.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Wed May 06, 2009 2:20 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

/end rant

I hear ya. But the sad truth is that if a major pandemic did occur many of the people you know, and maybe even you, would in fact be one of those dead people. So would I and many of the people I know...It feels weird to "want" that but I kinda do. Really that's not what I want. What I really want is for us to be more responsible caretakers of our planet...but since most of the humans on this planet seem to be incapable of doing that then mother nature needs to step in.

Makes me think of the "Humans are a virus" speech in The Matrix. :-D Can't say I disagree with the speech though.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed May 06, 2009 9:22 am

I guess it did kinda sound like that huh Mad? :-b

Anyway the first American has died with the piggy flu. Sounds like she already had underlying health issues though and probably didn't have a very strong immune system. Sucks she just gave birth. :-/

HARLINGEN, Texas – This week should have been a joyous time for Judy Trunnell, a 33-year-old schoolteacher who had just given birth to a healthy baby girl.

But the friends and relatives whose cars lined the quiet street in front of her home in a quiet subdivision Tuesday instead were mourning her, the first American with swine flu to die.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk