Jets Trade Up To Take Mark Sanchez At #5 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Jets Trade Up To Take Mark Sanchez At #5

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets Trade Up To Take Mark Sanchez At #5

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Sometimes I really miss Newsday, the newspaper I grew up with. Today was one of those days. Thanks to the internet, I can still read it! Here's the article about the draft in today's Newsday.

Newsday wrote:FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Nearly a year ago, the Jets turned the NFL on its ear by executing a training camp trade for an aging but legendary quarterback.

Saturday, the Jets shook up the draft by dealing for a quarterback they hope at long last solves what has been a mostly frustrating 40-year search for Joe Namath's replacement.

In a move that had been rumored but was still no less stunning or bold, the Jets traded with the Browns for this year's fifth overall pick and selected USC quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Rest of article:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... 0872.story

Time will tell if this was a good move or not. I'm still in shock that they made such a bold move. What does everyone else think about the move? :-o :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jets Trade Up To Take Mark Sanchez At #5

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:43 pm

I really love this move. We gave up barely anything for him. Just a second round pick. Coleman was nothing special. Elam wasn't going to SNIFF any time in our secondary with the addition of Leonard and Sheppard. Our secondary looks great now with Revis, Sheppard, Lowery, Rhodes and Leonard. Also, I really don't think Ratliff was going to give Clemens a run for his money if we didn't trade up for Sanchez but Sanchez is going to be much better than anything Ratliff was.

Are they going to move Thomas to DE and put Gholston at the other OLB? So it would be something like:
DE - Ellis\Thomas
NT - Jenkins
OLB - Pace\Gholston
ILB - Scott\Harris
CB - Revis\Sheppard
S - Rhodes\Leonard
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue May 19, 2009 2:19 pm

I haven't been around much so this is late but I loved the move to trade up and get Sanchez. ;-D

Now we just need to get a WR for him to throw to. I think Plaxico is the right fit. A big tall deep threat to go along with Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney and Keller.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:27 pm

killiansjmd wrote:I haven't been around much so this is late but I loved the move to trade up and get Sanchez. ;-D

Now we just need to get a WR for him to throw to. I think Plaxico is the right fit. A big tall deep threat to go along with Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney and Keller.

;-D Plax would be great to throw in there for Sanchez. Just pending on the legal problems with him is what they are definitely waiting for. Also, Jay Z got charged for the same thing that Plax did (in New York) and Jay Z got off with nothing but a fine I believe.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Return to New York Jets