Who is the #1 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2009? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2009?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2009 8:05 pm

RB Knowshon Moreno, Denver
29%
RB Chris "Beanie" Wells, Arizona
39%
RB Donald Brown, Indianapolis
12%
WR Michael Crabtree, San Francisco
18%
WR Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia
2%
QB Matt Stafford, Detroit
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 49

Postby The Lung » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Who is the #1 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts this year? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 5 or 6 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2009. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you vote "other" please discuss the player after you vote.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #1 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2009?

Postby bungle613 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:09 pm

OK, I will be first. ALthough I think on a pure FF level Moreno and Wells hit the right teams with Denver and Zona, from everything I have read and seen, the closest thing this draft has to a surefire offensive talent is Crabtree. I don't see any reason to change that.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:48 pm

bungle613 wrote:OK, I will be first. ALthough I think on a pure FF level Moreno and Wells hit the right teams with Denver and Zona, from everything I have read and seen, the closest thing this draft has to a surefire offensive talent is Crabtree. I don't see any reason to change that.

I agree. It is hard to take a WR over a RB, but Crabtree is almost a lock to be a probowler.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dmacblue » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 pm

As far as WR go, I like Maclins landing spot in PHI much more than i do Crabtrees in SF :-?

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby mikus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Three votes for Wells but no one has spoken yet on his behalf. I shall do so. I think, more than any other player, Beanie Wells landed in the perfect location to justify being the No. 1 rookie in fantasy leagues. He will win the job this summer, keep it through the year, get the redzone touches and be a productive back in the league for years to come. Past injuries aside, I think he will prove to be more durable than fantasy owners expect heading into this season.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 am

Sign me up for Donald Brown...He has an impressive track record at UCONN being the NCAA leading rusher, he's been a workhorse before, he had some incredible workouts, has the lowest room to be a bust but just as much potential as a guy like Wells...He landed in an excellent spot and in one year will be the more valuable back over Addai, that offense will be electric for years and he'll be the workhorse sooner then later.

He's perfect for that offense, fits the Colts profile for players, and will thrive in no time...He has always impressed me more then Wells and Moreno, and being in one of the leagues consistently best offenses won't hurt.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattUTD20 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:00 am

LS2throwed wrote:Sign me up for Donald Brown...He has an impressive track record at UCONN being the NCAA leading rusher, he's been a workhorse before, he had some incredible workouts, has the lowest room to be a bust but just as much potential as a guy like Wells...He landed in an excellent spot and in one year will be the more valuable back over Addai, that offense will be electric for years and he'll be the workhorse sooner then later.

He's perfect for that offense, fits the Colts profile for players, and will thrive in no time...He has always impressed me more then Wells and Moreno, and being in one of the leagues consistently best offenses won't hurt.

Seconding Donald Brown. They are done with Addai and him coming out every other play because his tummy hurts or he has a headache. Brown has incredible feet and quickness and will be great in Indy.

Andre Brown is my sleeper pick. NYG has arguably the best run offense in the league but he will end up second on the depth chart at best this season and will need some injuries to crack the starting lineup. He has a great combination of size, speed, and raw strength. He is like the love child of Brandon Jacobs and MBIII.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 am

I'll pick Crabtree, almost by default. I would say Maclin's in a terrilble spot, as he'll be the 2nd best speed WR on the Eagles at best, and may not even start for a couple years (it'll be a tough call between him, Desean, Curtis until Curtis goes).

Moreno and Wells are similar in that I like everything about them , except that one would argue they are injury-prone. Too risky to be the top rookie, if you ask me.

Brown's #2 in my mind, but he still has to pass Addai.

Crabtree, meanwhile, is guaranteed a starting job and plenty of opporunitites (balls thrown to him). He's also the best offensive "talent" in the draft. Only knock here is that he's a WR (and maybe his attitude), but he presents the lowest risk if you ask me.

I'd rank 'em like this:

Crabtree
Brown
Wells
Moreno
(big drop)
Maclin
Sanchez
(big drop)
Stafford
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dmacblue » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'll pick Crabtree, almost by default. I would say Maclin's in a terrilble spot, as he'll be the 2nd best speed WR on the Eagles at best, and may not even start for a couple years (it'll be a tough call between him, Desean, Curtis until Curtis goes).

Crabtree
Brown
Wells
Moreno
(big drop)
Maclin
Sanchez
(big drop)
Stafford

I have to respectfully disagree here.

1) The Eagles O-Line is in an entirely different world to the 49ers
2) Maclin will be targeted by McNabb, Crabtree will be targeted by one of this anemic bunch; Hill, Huard, Smith
3) Eagles are a passing team, whereas 49ers are more based around Gore,though adding Crabtree should affect it.

It's all about onions, and I respect yours. We'll just have to watch and see. ;-D

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'll pick Crabtree, almost by default. I would say Maclin's in a terrilble spot, as he'll be the 2nd best speed WR on the Eagles at best, and may not even start for a couple years (it'll be a tough call between him, Desean, Curtis until Curtis goes).

Maclin won't start for a couple years? He's already better then Curtis, right now, and what makes him the 2nd best speed WR? Just because we have seen DeSean and not seen Maclin play? DeSean was a 2nd round pick that nobody expected to have that big of a year, Maclin was a mid 1st rounder that they traded up for, and he is everything that DeSean is except better, it wouldn't of been a stretch to see him go top 10 either.

He's already better then Curtis, and I have to question if DeSean will be a better deep threat, they are very similiar WR's but I would take Maclin any day over Jackson and that doesn't scare me just because one guy has played and the other hasn't yet, Maclin has the frame to be a more complete WR, he's deadly with the ball in his hands, and he'll thrive in a West Coast Offense.

DeSean is more of a deadly complimentary WR, Maclin can be a #1 WR that teams game plan to stop, he should be a starter from day one also, if they didn't think he was good enough to supplant Curtis they don't trade up, and they probably draft a RB in the 1st and opt for a speed WR in the 2nd or 3rd.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer