Jets contact Plax's Agent - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets contact Plax's Agent

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets contact Plax's Agent

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 pm

From Rotoworld:
Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum revealed late Sunday that he contacted the player rep for free agent Plaxico Burress before this weekend's NFL Draft.
"Consistent with our normal approach of performing our due diligence, we contacted Drew Rosenhaus...to inquire about Plaxico's pending legal situation," Tannenbaum said. Tannenbaum is trying to protect himself by using the term "due diligence," but the Jets didn't come out of the draft with a replacement for Laveranues Coles. If the season began today, they'd likely start either David Clowney or Brad Smith opposite Jerricho Cotchery. Apr. 26 - 11:59 pm et

I know most people tend to shy away from troublemakers, but I really wouldn't mind getting Plax, pending all the legal issues are taken care of. The guy can stretch the field for the Jets and would give Sanchez a legitimate target besides Keller, Clowney, Smith and Cotchery. Plax's 6 foot 5 frame would be a huge help for Sanchez's early development.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jets contact Plax's Agent

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 am

Dawinner127 wrote:From Rotoworld:
Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum revealed late Sunday that he contacted the player rep for free agent Plaxico Burress before this weekend's NFL Draft.
"Consistent with our normal approach of performing our due diligence, we contacted Drew Rosenhaus...to inquire about Plaxico's pending legal situation," Tannenbaum said. Tannenbaum is trying to protect himself by using the term "due diligence," but the Jets didn't come out of the draft with a replacement for Laveranues Coles. If the season began today, they'd likely start either David Clowney or Brad Smith opposite Jerricho Cotchery. Apr. 26 - 11:59 pm et

I know most people tend to shy away from troublemakers, but I really wouldn't mind getting Plax, pending all the legal issues are taken care of. The guy can stretch the field for the Jets and would give Sanchez a legitimate target besides Keller, Clowney, Smith and Cotchery. Plax's 6 foot 5 frame would be a huge help for Sanchez's early development.

I think either the Jets or Bears are going to end up with Plax. I dont' think he is going to play in 2009, but I think he'll be back in 2010.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk