Cardinals release Edgerrin James - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cardinals release Edgerrin James

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cardinals release Edgerrin James

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

The Arizona Cardinals granted running back Edgerrin James’ wish to be released on Tuesday and cut two others who played significant roles in the team’s run to the Super Bowl.

Read More: Yahoo Sports
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cardinals release Edgerrin James

Postby mattb47 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:02 am

Wonder where he'll land...he didn't really look like he had all that much left so wherever he goes it'll probably be as a role player of some sort. Possible landing places I could see happening are teams like the Bills, Bengals, Browns, Texans, Chiefs, Saints, Bucs, and maybe even a team like the 49ers. Interesting to see if he'll be able to find work after his running seemed less than inspired for most of the season even when he was getting significant time.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby glackk » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:51 am

mattb47 wrote:Wonder where he'll land...he didn't really look like he had all that much left so wherever he goes it'll probably be as a role player of some sort. Possible landing places I could see happening are teams like the Bills, Bengals, Browns, Texans, Chiefs, Saints, Bucs, and maybe even a team like the 49ers. Interesting to see if he'll be able to find work after his running seemed less than inspired for most of the season even when he was getting significant time.

Yes, maybe he and Jamal Lewis can start a "I'm young at <3" club.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in Houston.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 am

Given the personal problems he's going through (his girlfriend and mother of his children just passed away with cancer) I could see him calling it a career.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:27 am

Denver only has 8 backs on their roster... lots of room for one more.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in Houston.

Do they really need a replacement for Ahman Green who will want too much money? Slaton is the man in that offense. Better to just back him up with 1/2 role backs that will be cheaper.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:56 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in Houston.

Do they really need a replacement for Ahman Green who will want too much money? Slaton is the man in that offense. Better to just back him up with 1/2 role backs that will be cheaper.

My guess is that Edge will be fairly cheap. Not too many teams are going to pop for 3-4 mil if any. Houston really should get Slaton some help as the other RB's on the team are just terrible.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Given the personal problems he's going through (his girlfriend and mother of his children just passed away with cancer) I could see him calling it a career.

Edge has always been about the benjamins. I don't think this guy will ever hang 'em up as long as someone is willing to pay him a couple million. Of course he could find himself in the situation of a Shaun Alexander where he has to play for the vet minimum as an emergency fill-in RB. If that's the case I think there is a good chance he calls it quits. Edge don't like standing on the sidelines...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I know business is business but AZ screwed him over bad. They replaced him with a guy who was performing worse than Edge when they switched. Then performed at the bottom of the NFL in YPC for his time on the soap box. Then Dumbinhunt realizes that he needs Edge for the playoffs and watches him perform well for most games helping them to the SB.

Now I realize that Az couldn't release him earlier until they had secured a guy in the draft. With Beenie slipping that far it fit their plans perfectly. Now they let him go when there are much fewer teams who want him and his chances of a decent contract are much slimer.

I'm curious as to where he lands and hope he gets a decent deal.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk