Breakout the blenders and the drink mixes! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Breakout the blenders and the drink mixes!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Breakout the blenders and the drink mixes!

Postby Tyeattolah » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Having spent two seasons in Antarctica while in the AIr Force supporting the National Science Foundation, this story caught my eye. In fact while I was down there the worlds largest floating object an iceberg designated C-19 which was 20 miles wide and over 124 miles long was impedding our supply ships from docking at McMurdo Station.

"Antarctic ice nearly size of N.Y. City breaks up. Icebergs calve off after ice bridge stabilizing shelf collapsed in early April. New satellite images from the European Space Agency show massive amounts of ice are breaking away from an ice shelf on the western side of the Antarctic Peninsula, researchers said Wednesday.

The Wilkins Ice Shelf had been stable for most of the last century, but began retreating in the 1990s. Researchers believe it was held in place by an ice bridge linking Charcot Island to the Antarctic mainland.

But the 127-square-mile bridge lost two large chunks last year and then shattered completely on April 5."http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30477787/
Last edited by Tyeattolah on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Breakout the blenders and the drink mixes!

Postby dream_017 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:41 am

Please always include a link to any story that is posted ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Tyeattolah » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 am

Dang I knew I forgot something! It's in the original post now!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 am

Dang! I thought we were sharing mixed drink receipes. I got a great one for making your own water ice with vodka!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Tyeattolah » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm

joejlitz wrote:Dang! I thought we were sharing mixed drink receipes. I got a great one for making your own water ice with vodka!

I think you might have a great idea brewing there!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk