WR Shaun McDonald signed by the PIT Steelers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR Shaun McDonald signed by the PIT Steelers

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Shaun McDonald signed by the PIT Steelers

Postby madaslives911 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Shaun McDonald signs with the Steelers

Former Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams' wide reciever, Shaun McDonald, signed a contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers today. McDonald is only one season removed from his best season as a pro where he posted 76 catches, for 943 yards, and six touchdowns. What's more amazing to me is he accomplished this as the third wideout on a team with a pair of first rounders in Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. McDonald could probably be characterized as a poor mans' Wes Welker.

Source: Pittsburgh.com news
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Shaun McDonald signed by the PIT Steelers

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:53 am

As Rotoworld astutely pointed out, he's never produced outside a Mike Martz offense. McDonald will have to impress because the Steelers would have to carry 5 WR to keep him. Ward, Holmes, Sweed, and 3rd round pick Mike Wallace are all guaranteed roster spots.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 02, 2009 10:33 am

I think this is due to Santonio's recent puff puff give incident. Probably more of a precautionary measure.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 am

I think McDonald is a perfect complimentary WR for the Stillers. He runs different routes than Ward or Holmes do and could be a vauleable safety value receiver. Great depth guy for them.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Sat May 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think this is due to Santonio's recent puff puff give incident. Probably more of a precautionary measure.

I keep seeing people comment on this but that was actually back in October. If it happened like 3 weeks ago I could see it being a concern but this was 6 months ago. The new has been about his hearing rather than the actual incident.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby mattb47 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:19 am

Azrael wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think this is due to Santonio's recent puff puff give incident. Probably more of a precautionary measure.

I keep seeing people comment on this but that was actually back in October. If it happened like 3 weeks ago I could see it being a concern but this was 6 months ago. The new has been about his hearing rather than the actual incident.

Yea...I believe the team already took "disciplinary action" against him back when it happened so I highly doubt this pickup is in retaliation for the incident. I think it's a pretty solid depth signing at least and he'll push Sweed/Wallace for that slot WR spot and he'll be another solid contributor I think.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk