4%
2 out of the 3
13%
All 3
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: Myspace, Facebook, Twitter

Postby knapplc » Tue May 05, 2009 9:01 am

These sites are just tools, like email, a phone or a forum. I think there's a stigma about social networking sites because they get so cheesy a lot of times, and because there's that brand of person who lives for such things. It's like the person who post whores at a forum just to get recognition - we've had guys like that here, and we recognize that they're the fringe of this demographic, and they don’t represent the normal, regular joes here at the cafe.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:12 am

Fair enough, Treat, difference of outlooks. Although:

treat24 wrote:I can get in contact with all the people that matter to me as an older married man.

Older? 29? :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby treat24 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:21 am

scottaa1 wrote:Fair enough, Treat, difference of outlooks. Although:

treat24 wrote:I can get in contact with all the people that matter to me as an older married man.

Older? 29? :-D

when your wife is 25... it makes you feel old. :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 05, 2009 10:19 pm

I was finally talked into Facebook, so I'm on there. And I'm glad I did. I was paranoid as hell about it all, but I was impressed when my brother showed me how much control you actually have over everything. So it's no big deal and I get to reconnect with friends I haven't seen in years. Going out with one of those friends this Thursday actually. I have no idea what the appeal of MySpace is and have no idea what the hell Twitter is. Either way, I'm enjoying Facebook. I get to keep up with family members and old friends. My Air Force cousin's on there so that's really cool.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Captain » Wed May 06, 2009 7:50 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I was finally talked into Facebook, so I'm on there. And I'm glad I did. I was paranoid as hell about it all, but I was impressed when my brother showed me how much control you actually have over everything. So it's no big deal and I get to reconnect with friends I haven't seen in years. Going out with one of those friends this Thursday actually. I have no idea what the appeal of MySpace is and have no idea what the hell Twitter is. Either way, I'm enjoying Facebook. I get to keep up with family members and old friends. My Air Force cousin's on there so that's really cool.

JAO started a Fantasy Cafe group on Facebook.....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 06, 2009 8:06 am

The_Captain wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I was finally talked into Facebook, so I'm on there. And I'm glad I did. I was paranoid as hell about it all, but I was impressed when my brother showed me how much control you actually have over everything. So it's no big deal and I get to reconnect with friends I haven't seen in years. Going out with one of those friends this Thursday actually. I have no idea what the appeal of MySpace is and have no idea what the hell Twitter is. Either way, I'm enjoying Facebook. I get to keep up with family members and old friends. My Air Force cousin's on there so that's really cool.

Yeah, see, I don't know that much about Facebook yet. What's this group all about? What do you do with it?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Captain » Wed May 06, 2009 10:59 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

Yeah, see, I don't know that much about Facebook yet. What's this group all about? What do you do with it?

It's just a group made up of members of the cafe who have facebook accounts, more or less just to get to know one another. You can post stuff to the wall or discussion board. It's just for fun.

If you go to Settings >> Application Settings >> Groups, type in Fantasy Cafe you should be able to find the group.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 am

Nevermind. I found it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 06, 2009 11:49 am

I probably won't go with the Cafe thing since I use it really just to reconnect and keep in touch with old friends that I've lost touch with. I mean, when you sign up to the group, is then everyone in that group a friend of yours? I only have a handful of friends and I'd like to keep it that way to be honest. I don't want to be one of those that has 300+ friends and you really know very few of them.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 am

Signing up for this or that group doesn't give those group members access to your info. And you can go to your settings and really lock down your info if you want. I like my privacy.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk