2009 Rookie Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

2009 Rookie Rankings

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

2009 Rookie Rankings

Postby WebHamster » Sun May 03, 2009 11:18 am

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "2009 Rookie Rankings", which were posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by R.J. White on May 3, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 205)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Rookie Rankings

Postby The Lung » Mon May 04, 2009 9:14 am

It's a little disappointing to see that this article is currently only getting 2.6 stars out of 5 from Cafe members. He obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and the rankings are just as good as any I've seen. In fact, we did a rookie dynasty league draft this weekend and players were going off the board pretty darn close to these rankings. So great job R.J., and boo to those who are rating this article poorly. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 am

The Lung wrote:It's a little disappointing to see that this article is currently only getting 2.6 stars out of 5 from Cafe members. He obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and the rankings are just as good as any I've seen. In fact, we did a rookie dynasty league draft this weekend and players were going off the board pretty darn close to these rankings. So great job R.J., and boo to those who are rating this article poorly. :-t

Thank ya sir.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm

The Lung wrote:It's a little disappointing to see that this article is currently only getting 2.6 stars out of 5 from Cafe members. He obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and the rankings are just as good as any I've seen. In fact, we did a rookie dynasty league draft this weekend and players were going off the board pretty darn close to these rankings. So great job R.J., and boo to those who are rating this article poorly. :-t

I agree. I slipped and hit 4 but meant 5 for the same reason listed above. I went to correct it but it was too late.

Thats a lot of writing that will be very helpful to those who read it. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby iamgregg » Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 am

I'm guessing people rated it low because they disagreed with the rankings, but that kind of misses point.

What use are other people's rankings if they're the same or very similar to your own? Reading rankings and opinions that differ from your own cause you to challenge them, and the more you debate (even with yourself) on a player's value, the better overall picture you will have, and you will have a more informed opinion on him.

Rating someone's rankings high because they validate ones self and not because they are thought provoking is nothing but **** stroking.

Mod edit: language
Last edited by dream_017 on Tue May 05, 2009 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: blanked out 'bad' word
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby madaslives911 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Nice piece of work there R.J. Don't mind the number of stars! ;-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iamgregg » Fri May 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Mod edit: language

Oops sorry, didn't realsie that was stepping over the line ;-D
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm

I didn't see any problem with the rankings, but i'm used to some people getting worked up over that...I seem to remember last year everytime somebody stepped up to do a sit or start or a rankings for the week they would always get blasted after they did the work to do it.

I think the fact that you went 80 deep deserves some major props, alot of people don't know those guys past the top 25 or so that's useful going into drafts especially IDP rookie drafts...Good write-up, I agreed with most of the analysis.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer