John Elway at Mavs Game: LMAO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

John Elway at Mavs Game: LMAO

Moderator: Football Moderators

John Elway at Mavs Game: LMAO

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 04, 2009 5:24 am

So I barely watch Sportscenter anymore, but I just happened to glance up at Elway, looking slightly rotund in a Dallas Mavericks jersey with his left hand on the microphone announcing the players and his right hand tucked into his waist band, like he's sitting at home on the couch.

It wasn't quite deep enough to where it looked like he was adjusting "the boys" but it was still funny all the same :-b :-b
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: John Elway at Mavs Game: LMAO

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 04, 2009 2:28 pm

joejlitz wrote:So I barely watch Sportscenter anymore, but I just happened to glance up at Elway, looking slightly rotund in a Dallas Mavericks jersey with his left hand on the microphone announcing the players and his right hand tucked into his waist band, like he's sitting at home on the couch.

It wasn't quite deep enough to where it looked like he was adjusting "the boys" but it was still funny all the same :-b :-b

Are you referring to John Elway being at the Nuggets/Mavericks game yesterday afternoon when he was wearing a Nuggets #7 jersey?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 04, 2009 4:37 pm

The_Captain wrote:
joejlitz wrote:So I barely watch Sportscenter anymore, but I just happened to glance up at Elway, looking slightly rotund in a Dallas Mavericks jersey with his left hand on the microphone announcing the players and his right hand tucked into his waist band, like he's sitting at home on the couch.

Are you referring to John Elway being at the Nuggets/Mavericks game yesterday afternoon when he was wearing a Nuggets #7 jersey?

My bad - it was probably a Nuggets jersey. I only caught a quick glimpse and saw his hand in his pants and how fat he looked in that jersey and couldn't stop laughing. Didn't you think it was quite a sight?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon May 04, 2009 5:33 pm

wow Elway turns into the Al Bundy of retired football QBs...how sad! :-b
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon May 04, 2009 5:58 pm

All I know is that Elway is a GOD in Denver. And my personal alltime favorite QB. ;-)

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 pm

joejlitz wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

My bad - it was probably a Nuggets jersey. I only caught a quick glimpse and saw his hand in his pants and how fat he looked in that jersey and couldn't stop laughing. Didn't you think it was quite a sight?

Well, it would be odd for John Elway to don a Mavericks jersey at a Nuggets game in Denver; a place where he is held in high regard. As far as his hand being down his pants - I really didn't notice and considering how long he's been out of football, looked pretty good to me.

One thing you'll learn about me, I bleed Blue and Orange and have the utmost respect for John Elway.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 04, 2009 10:07 pm

I love Elway, too. Not as much as you, but he's an all-time great. Here's hoping he stays smart and doesn't pull a Joe Namath, though. "I want to kiss you!" X-I

:-b
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm

even football Gods can get jock itch...try Lotrimin Spray in the blue and orange can or for a more "hands on" solution in the cream version! :-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon May 11, 2009 11:14 pm

I initially had no respect for Elway after refusing to play for the Baltimore Colts who drafted him. As a 10 year old kid at the time, it was my first exposure to diva behavior. I eventually grew to appreciate his accomplishments and his career but I never fully respected him because of that hissy fit.

To the same extent, I'll never fully respect Eli Manning for basically doing the same thing to San Diego. For many, at the end of his career Eli will be remembered as a Superbowl champion but I'll always think of him as the spoiled little rich kid, who along with his daddy, whined his way out of playing for the team who drafted him. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:06 pm

The Lung wrote:I initially had no respect for Elway after refusing to play for the Baltimore Colts who drafted him. As a 10 year old kid at the time, it was my first exposure to diva behavior. I eventually grew to appreciate his accomplishments and his career but I never fully respected him because of that hissy fit.

To the same extent, I'll never fully respect Eli Manning for basically doing the same thing to San Diego. For many, at the end of his career Eli will be remembered as a Superbowl champion but I'll always think of him as the spoiled little rich kid, who along with his daddy, whined his way out of playing for the team who drafted him. :-t

Totally agreed. 99% of those kids are ecstatic at being drafted, but a select few come along and act like spoiled brats.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk