Trade analyzer software? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade analyzer software?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trade analyzer software?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 pm

The problem with that software is they don't take all the pertinent factors into consideration. They take Stats only.

What If I have Forte, ADP, SJax, Jacobs and MBIII at RB and Holmes, Coles, Welker, and Berrian at WR. Obviously I need an elite WR so me trading SJax for Andre Johnson is a fair trade even though SJax will be drafted in round 1 and AJ in round 2. Who are you to judge my needs.

Collusion is usually pretty obvious. This is why most leagues have a trade deadline.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Trade analyzer software?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 09, 2009 3:00 pm

I agree with everyone else. Fairness of a trade has nothing to do with whether or not a trade should get vetoed. What seems fair to me might not seem fair to you. I think it's impossible for any type of software to calculate something that's so objective.

Like the others have said, unless you suspect collusion (2 owners cheating to make 1 team better), you have to let EVERY trade through...even if the trade looks lopsided on paper. I've commished several leagues, and I've been lucky enough to be in leagues where owners don't try to cheat. I have never vetoed a trade (yet! :-o ). And it's not because every trade I've passed seemed fair to me. I thought some of the trades were ridiculous, but I knew the owners weren't colluding so I had to pass the trade. All my leagues do trade pass/veto this way and then we have co-commishes decide on trades involving the commish and/or co-commish.

When it's left up to 10-12 owners, too many people veto for the wrong reason. That reason is usually that the owner getting the better end of the trade (on paper) is in their division. :-t

Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner