Laurency Maroney facing critical season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Laurency Maroney facing critical season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Laurency Maroney facing critical season

Postby portisfan24 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:48 am

I hope he does something so my Maroney jersey doesn't become obsolete already. I've always thought he could be good, but should probably be limited to 15 carries a game to limit the wear and tear.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon May 11, 2009 9:44 am

mattb47 wrote:Again with the "Fragile" Freddy reference about a guy that has been healthier than a majority of RBs over his career...just boggles the mind how these things stay around...

He could play another ten years and never miss a down and still be Fragile Freddie to me. My first year playing fantasy sports Fruad Taylor was my feature RB....think back to his most injury plagued year. The aftertaste is still strong to this day.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 am

It looks like Maroney may have played with a broken bone in his shoulder last year for almost the entire season...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... oken_bone/
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm

The forgotten man in this conversation is Sammy Morris.

There are just too many horses in New England to predict which one is going to have the most value at any given point in the year. Sammy Morris was the guy who ended in the season strong in the last 5 games or so. But at one point last year the guy to own was "Lawfirm" for a 4 or 5 week period. That guy has marginal NFL talent at best, yet I don't think Maroney has ever had a 5 week stretch as a viable fantasy RB comparable to Lawfirm.. Sammy Morris always seems to be underrated in New England because of the competition, but that guy always seems to get his chances at some point in the year to produce. I think Sammy Morris is a good pick in a double digit round simply because you can get him that late, I doubt the same is true of Maroney and even Taylor.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk