HOME and AWAY designation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

HOME and AWAY designation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you use HOME and AWAY designations in your league? Why?

YES - We use it
29%
NO - Don't use it, but would consider
14%
NO - Will never use this
57%

Total votes : 7

HOME and AWAY designation

Postby spodog » Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Does your league assign a HOME team and an AWAY team for each H2H game? If you do, what advantage does the HOME team accrue ?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: HOME and AWAY designation

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 08, 2009 2:30 pm

i think so, but no advantage is gained nor do i think there should be
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 09, 2009 3:15 pm

I voted: NO - Don't use it, but would consider

I'd consider just about anything in my leagues. I wouldn't strongly consider this because IMO not every NFL team has a 'home field advantage' in every game. For FF purposes, I don't see the point in giving 1 team an advantage in every game of the season. I guess my question is why would a league want to do this? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

There are enough complaints about fantasy football being a H2H sport, why on earth would would then want to reward a team with an advantage for doing nothing then having being designated the home team

I'm all for interesting rules but I have never understood this one :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby kingfisch » Mon May 11, 2009 11:20 pm

What about this one, we use the Home field advantage as a roster modification. The HOME team chooses which position is to be used (RB/WR/TE) in the FLEX spot for that week. This adds a little strategy and forces teams to concentrate on drafting a good bench.
kingfisch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby spodog » Tue May 12, 2009 3:40 pm

kingfisch wrote:What about this one, we use the Home field advantage as a roster modification. The HOME team chooses which position is to be used (RB/WR/TE) in the FLEX spot for that week. This adds a little strategy and forces teams to concentrate on drafting a good bench.

Like this one. We actually have owners in our league reviewing this as a rule change for this year, but looks like it will get shot down.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tejones8 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 pm

During the regular season, my league doesn't use a home field advantage. However, during the playoffs, the lower seeded team gets a home field advantage. For our league the home field advantage is just being designated the winner in the event of a tie. This has yet to come into play, and I doubt it ever will considering the fact that we use a two decimal place scoring system.
Tejones8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Some days you're the pigeon. Other days you're the statue.

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:04 pm

kingfisch wrote:What about this one, we use the Home field advantage as a roster modification. The HOME team chooses which position is to be used (RB/WR/TE) in the FLEX spot for that week. This adds a little strategy and forces teams to concentrate on drafting a good bench.

I like this alot. I'm huge on having settings that force you to have a fairly balanced roster. I thought about starting a league where each week a Random number is drawn for each position and you can start that many for each...QB: 1-3. RB: 1-4. WR: 1-5. TE: 1-3 K: 1-2 D: 1-2. And it would be league wide.

Any ways, I do like this idea as long as the schedule works out so everyone has the same number of home games.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Return to Commissioner's Corner