Matt Millen Joins ESPN as Football Analyst - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matt Millen Joins ESPN as Football Analyst

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Matt Millen Joins ESPN as Football Analyst

Postby eaglesrule » Fri May 15, 2009 11:55 am

I meant singular credential for him to get this job now, not in the strictest sense of the world. I should have said most notable or something like that. His failure at his most recent and relevant job precludes his authority, sorry. 12 years ago is 12 years ago, and he was an abysmal failure at it. It is he going to completely refrain from making comments about team needs or directions for the future? If so, then fine. But we all know that ain't going to happen and he was atrocious.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sat May 16, 2009 4:52 am

I hate to disagree, but people's memories are short - especially outside of DET. And if he proves to be very good at this, within 2 years, his failures in DET will be all but forgotten. If he's really good, in 5 years, people outside of DET won't even remember his position within the DET Lions.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dgan » Sat May 16, 2009 9:00 am

The best part of Matt Millen becoming a GM (aside from the joy of watching him ensure a new standard of pathetic in Detroit) was that I didn't have to listen to him on Sundays anymore. Hated the guy as a commentator. And I hated him even more for his "commentator tree" of big, moronic sounding lunkheads like Baldinger that got jobs because of the success of Millen.

I know it is just a personal taste thing, but I just hate the stereotypical "big fat loudmouth" commentator. Madden was bad enough, but at least he had a coach's twist on things. These guys are just annoying. Not looking forward to this at all...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk