TPC Sawgrass: Players Championship - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

TPC Sawgrass: Players Championship

Moderator: Football Moderators

TPC Sawgrass: Players Championship

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 09, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm going to the final round tomorrow. I can't wait to see this awesome course in person. :-)

I'm going to try and sneak in a camera, so if I don't get arrested I'll post some pics. ;-D :-o :-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TPC Sawgrass: Players Championship

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:09 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I'm going to the final round tomorrow. I can't wait to see this awesome course in person. :-)

I'm going to try and sneak in a camera, so if I don't get arrested I'll post some pics. ;-D :-o :-D

Have fun, but you're gonna need a lot of luck to get that camera in.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I'm going to the final round tomorrow. I can't wait to see this awesome course in person. :-)

Have fun, but you're gonna need a lot of luck to get that camera in.

Alot... I have a standing bet of Lefty vs Tiger so see if you can snap a pic a few times on Tigers backswing.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:17 pm

If you can't smuggle in the camera, just yell "CLICK!" during the swing, and I'm sure we'll all get to see you on TV as a result ;-)

Have fun!
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 09, 2009 7:55 pm

They are very strict about Cameras. Don't know why. I'm a golfer and have never understood the big deal of tiny noises in the back swing. They don't bug me one bit. But the pros are very sensative about it. I don't really think it bugs them I think they just use it as an excuse if they hit it bad. You never hear tiger complain to a guy who made noise after a good shot. Only a bad one.

You are going to have to be pretty slick to get it in. That is why I never go to these events. I feel I should be able to take pictures and they don't.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat May 09, 2009 11:22 pm

well, if you have a high quality digital camera, it doesn't make any noise when you take a picture.

So unless you are using the flash shouldn't be a problem.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Used to go every year with a buddy of mine for the 4 days. Crazy times. We had bets everytime some got on the 17th (we were in a suite just off the 17th), Great place to watch and great memories ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 11, 2009 2:35 am

You guys were right about them being strict. I had my camera all hidden...but they had metal detectors. I ended up going back to my car and leaving it. They allow cameras for the practice rounds (M-W), so that's what I'm doing next year. ;-D

Awesome time, awesome course. I gotta play that someday. I felt bad for Cejka. He shot 79. He started the day at -11, 5 shots ahead of 6 people at -6. He ended up 8 strokes off the lead...a 13 stroke difference! Stenson started at -6 and shot -6 (66) for the day. I followed Tiger & Cejka for the 1st 11 holes. Tiger just couldn't put it in the fairway today. He was scrambling the entire day. After 11 it was obvious that those 2 weren't really in it so I went over to where you can watch the 16th green (par 5) & the famous island par 3 17th. The atmosphere there was like no other I've experienced at a golf tourney. It was a lot of fun. I'll post pics next year. :-b :-B ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon May 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Watching Tiger and Cejka on the front nine on TV yesterday was like watching Retief Goosen and Jason Gore, the final group, in the 2005 U.S. Open (when both shot in the 80s.) Just brutal.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 12, 2009 6:35 am

The Lung wrote:Watching Tiger and Cejka on the front nine on TV yesterday was like watching Retief Goosen and Jason Gore, the final group, in the 2005 U.S. Open (when both shot in the 80s.) Just brutal.

Made me feel better about my game. :-b

flotsamnjetsam

Return to General Talk