Arizona startingRB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Arizona Cardinals

Arizona startingRB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arizona startingRB

Postby Kareighuis » Sun May 10, 2009 4:06 am

With Chris Wells still completing school, he'll miss Zona's OTAs. Despite the talk about Wells getting the starting spot, Tim Hightower is still the starting RB, though Wells will "still will have a shot to become the starter". Source- Official Site of Arizona Cardinals
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arizona startingRB

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 am

This is pretty much expected. I do see Wells getting his fair share of carries by midsaeason though. Also JJ Arrington will still be in the mix as well.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kareighuis » Sun May 10, 2009 11:19 am

mrblitz wrote:This is pretty much expected. I do see Wells getting his fair share of carries by midsaeason though. Also JJ Arrington will still be in the mix as well.

Yeah, it's reasonable. But the way some adore Beannie, it might come across as a cold slap. Oh, and Arrington's competing in Denver's RBC.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby dblj9911 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 pm

I can see it being a true rbbc in Arizona, if Beanie is healthy, well sorry, can stay healthy he should end up with a majority of the carries, but until he proves that he will have alot of doubters. I know that he isn't in the same classification as Peterson, but remember the he always had trouble staying healthy while at Oklahoma, guess we will see.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 11, 2009 12:15 am

mrblitz wrote:This is pretty much expected. I do see Wells getting his fair share of carries by midsaeason though. Also JJ Arrington will still be in the mix as well.

I agree with all this except Arrington. There is a 100% chance that Arrington will not be a part of the Arizona offense. Not because of his ability but because he is now in Denver. :-) http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7220
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 11, 2009 11:15 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

I agree with all this except Arrington. There is a 100% chance that Arrington will not be a part of the Arizona offense. Not because of his ability but because he is now in Denver. :-) http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7220

Hey Cock-A-Roach - Kareighuis already pointed that out. Stop piling on my Eagles brother!

(Cock-A-Roaches are what Howard Eskin, 610 WIP Sports Radio, refers to all Cowboys fans as) ;-)

Also - running back is said to be the easiest position for a player to come in and contribute to right away on the offense, so if Wells misses some camp time, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. (Take ball. Run Right. Run Left.) It's not like he is playing QB or OL.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby DemonDeacon » Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 am

simple case of football politics. beanies there feature back. case closed
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Beanie will get more & more looks as he learns more of the playbook. THT will get his touches too. ZONA likes a 2 rb setup.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Arizona Cardinals