Titans still see a Young future - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titans still see a Young future

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Titans still see a Young future

Postby Kensat30 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:This guy has serious mental issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if he physically harmed himself or someone else before he became a starter in the NFL again.

And Kerry Collins was a racist drunk who was waived by the Panthers before his rookie contract ran out.

There are many players who are at risk of DUI in the NFL. There are less players at risk of a complete mental breakdown like Vince Young is.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Titans still see a Young future

Postby moochman » Tue May 12, 2009 1:14 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
moochman wrote:
mattUTD20 wrote:By 'Young future' he really meant having to spend another high round pick on another young QB.

Or maybe they mean 'Young future' who can be had for a 5th round pick to whoever is listening.

I waver on whether NFL coaches see that skills their players have or that they are too close to see the flaws. If they wish to keep VY, which of the two sides is the reason? I was a big VY supporter when he came out, but losing your job to a journeyman QB isn't exactly a step forward. Not buying it, I think the Titans are trying to build up value so they can trade him off their books.

Problem is it's tough to see a team biting because of Young's contract. Young is scheduled to make $7.5 million in 2010 and $8.5 in 2011, so unless the team trying to trade for him can either get the Titans to renegotiate his contract or do it themselves, a trade probably isn't going to happen.

Not sure of all the cap deadlines and such, but there may come a time where an injury depleted team would consider trading for VY if they think he has his crap together.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk