Re: School! Help! Goverment.

Postby Metroid » Tue May 12, 2009 10:55 pm

knapp knows things. :-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue May 12, 2009 11:14 pm

I have written a paper or fifty in my life. And presenting the facts in an investigation is similar to this, although you just let the facts speak and then draw a conclusion, with no thesis. So it's like 2/3 similar. And I do it every... freaking... day... X-I
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed May 13, 2009 12:00 am

This will help give you some ideas
http://www.cnponline.org/ht/a/GetDocumentAction/i/10096

This will also help
http://www.ppionline.org/ppi_ci.cfm?knl ... entID=3908

You will probably want to be aware of this site to.
http://www.aei.org/ra/100075

Now to the important stuff? An answer on that trade we have in the works please! :-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aaawall91 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I said eff it last night at 11ish and went to bed, didn't go to school today so will work on it later. Turns out it wasn't due to tomorrow any ways...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:53 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Thanks for the help guys, I said eff it last night at 11ish and went to bed, didn't go to school today so will work on it later. Turns out it wasn't due to tomorrow any ways...

That sounds like something I would have done... said screw it, not gone to school today, and still not be working on it by mid-afternoon :-b

Get to work on it now so you're not in the same situation tonight as last night. ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I just don't understand what I'm suppose to write.

here is part of what he gave us
Public Policy- All of the goals a government sets and the various courses of action it pursues as it attempts to realize these goals. Just trying to help you get started... so your topic is the war on terror? I frequently start and the end and work backwards. What's the objective of the war on terror? To combat terrorism and terrorist organizations at home and around the world, to safeguard the lives of American citizens and our interests abroad. So, what are we doing to try to enfore that policy around the world? Well, as you said, the DoHS was formed, it's goals being (insert goals), terror alert system instituted, airport security has been changed (in what ways), military presence in suspected terrorist havens has been increased (describe), etc., etc.

It is your job to choose a public policy isse, research that issue, contrust a page paper on that issue, and present it to the clas for disussion. The research topic an be on unsuccesful or succesful policy agendas So, my topic is <WoT>, policy is being implemented <as described above>, is the policy in execution having the desired effect as originally intended?

These requirements:
report on why or how your policy passed or did not pass. This is subjective, and I don't know that if can be said 'pass' or 'not pass' at this point, that's an opinion

and then theres a bunch of thins we have to use for support such as federalism, bi-partisanship(or lack of), presidential leadership, media, ect
Ther'es plenty to say about W. in the war on terror, not sure how much bi-part you can go into, except maybe looking at BUsh's initiatives and how congress supported/didn't support them

Any help? I have no idea...so far I have...

The war on Terror was a Public Policy started by the George W. Bush Administration to combate Terrorists in the Middle East, At home, and around the world.
I'd say 'is' instead of 'was' as it's still going on

I want to mention something about the starting up of the department of homeland defense...but I don't get this thesis thing.

It's been a looooong time since I had to write anything for school, so I could be completely off base. Good luck. Just start writing, that's the hardest part is getting started, at least for me.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks for the help any and everyone who contributed from life lessons to direct help ;-D

I'm just now starting the paper :-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Thanks for the help any and everyone who contributed from life lessons to direct help ;-D

I'm just now starting the paper :-D

How did it go?

Dude you can't procrastinate that much. :-o You need to be rollin this thing out in your head the moment you know your topic. A few quick searches can give you some ideas to run off of. You are just askin for it by taking a day off then waiting till that evening to get started.

Start a prayer thread immediately. :-o
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aaawall91 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Yeah I procrastinate and it kills me often. But the paper turned out okay, a hair under the required length. And i'm not sure I talked about what I was supposed to, but it seemed my whole class was in the same boat.

As long as I get a passing grade I keep my C and don't have to take an exam.

Currently C+, with AP weight thats a B+ so a 3 point on a 4 point scale (really out of 5).
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Surely it's not as easy as you're making it sound. You have to study and get good grades and stuff, right? I mean, there's no way we'd have been able to pull a B from C-grade material in my day. And what's this about "not have to take the test." You don't have to take a Final if you have a C average?

Man. School has changed. 8-o

I will grill my kid at home if they let her get away with stuff like no Finals for C averages. She'll be doing flashcards and memorization while I beat her with rattan canes if I have to, but by gum she'll learn up to my standards, that much I can tell you.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk