Who is the #7 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #7 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #7 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 am

WR Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia
43%
WR Percy Harvin, Minnesota
43%
WR Hakeem Nicks, N.Y. Giants
10%
QB Matt Stafford, Detroit Lions
3%
QB Mark Sanchez, N.Y. Jets
No votes
TE Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions
No votes
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: Who is the #7 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby The Lung » Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am

Well I hate that I have to do this again, but I'll cast a tie-breaking vote for WR Jeremy Maclin. A lot of NFL scouts and GMs had him rated just behind Crabtree prior to the NFL Draft, and on average, I'm seeing Maclin as the 2nd WR selected in over a dozen rookie drafts which I've observed so far this year.

Next poll: Who is the #8 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:09 pm

LS2throwed wrote:It should also be noted that a large portion of those QB's came from Spread offenses in College, and some would attribute that more then anything to their struggles.

Alex Smith - Utah
Rex Grossman - Florida
Tim Couch - Kentucky
Ryan Leaf - Washington St.
Andre Ware - Houston
Jeff George - Illinois (although the article is pushing it calling him a bust, he led the NFL in TD's and passer rating in 97, and led two seperate teams to the playoffs, yea he may of been a migrater and never stuck with one franchise but you really can't call him a bust)
Vince Young - Texas
Jamarcus Russel - LSU

All ran the spread offense, that's a bigger red flag for me then Juniors...Both Sanchez and Stafford were in pro style offenses, have made pro style reads and throws before, Sanchez while a junior has been at USC 4 years in that system and been learning all that time, not only that he'll be drafted into a great situation that has a top flight offensive line, ground game, and defense, not a better recipe for a young QB possible.

Stafford has led that Georgia team since he was a freshman, and he has been a dominant QB since HS, I think he's been destined to have a bright future ahead of him for a long time now, and I think Detroit finally has the right management in town to properly develop a QB...That track record really isn't pretty but I'm pretty confident both QB's won't be considered bust at the next level, alot of how a QB turns out is how he is developed and coached up.

Stafford has a high enough ceiling that I'd think about late 1st, he really does look like Jay Cutler, and Cutler made plenty of screw ups while he was at Vandy, if that's how he turns out he'd be well worth that late 1st pick, but 7 is still a tad early for me to even bother with the risk.

Grossman and Russell did not play in spread offenses.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Mon May 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Since when has Florida not ran the spread offense? They have never been a pro style offense from what I can remember, especially during the time Grossman was there...LSU also runs the spread, I'm pretty sure they ran it when JR was there because they still have the same system in place.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Mon May 18, 2009 11:41 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Since when has Florida not ran the spread offense? They have never been a pro style offense from what I can remember, especially during the time Grossman was there...LSU also runs the spread, I'm pretty sure they ran it when JR was there because they still have the same system in place.

Uh, since their entire history prior to 2002.

I think you're confusing the term "pass-heavy" with the term "spread". They are two mutually exclusive things that are in no way related.

And no, LSU did not run the spread when Russell was there.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 19, 2009 1:07 am

Free Bagel wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Since when has Florida not ran the spread offense? They have never been a pro style offense from what I can remember, especially during the time Grossman was there...LSU also runs the spread, I'm pretty sure they ran it when JR was there because they still have the same system in place.

I think you're confusing the term "pass-heavy" with the term "spread". They are two mutually exclusive things that are in no way related.

No I'm not confusing the two, I know the difference, I was just under the impression that Spurrier ran the spread but maybe it was just the run N gun with different variations, and the LSU offense looked very similiar to the same one ran by Texas...If they don't no biggie.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:28 am

LS2throwed wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

No I'm not confusing the two, I know the difference, I was just under the impression that Spurrier ran the spread but maybe it was just the run N gun with different variations, and the LSU offense looked very similiar to the same one ran by Texas...If they don't no biggie.

LSU runs a version of it now, but they did not at the time. Spurrier's offense is different then the spread, and Zook coached Gossman his last season and they ran a pro style system that year.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk