Retirements in the Colts Coaching Staff - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to AFC South

Retirements in the Colts Coaching Staff

Retirements in the Colts Coaching Staff

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri May 15, 2009 10:54 am

Wow, Offensive Coordinator (Moore) and Offensive line coach (Mudd) announce retirements. THis will have a huge impact on the COlts!!!
Last edited by Tyeattolah on Sat May 16, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Retirements in the Colts Coaching Staff

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Wow... this is news to me. Loosing Moore is indeed a blow. Found some more info in the local paper

Shortly thereafter, Larry Coyer replaced Ron Meeks as defensive coordinator.
Ray Rychleski was named to replace Russ Purnell as special teams coach.

Link to Indianapolis Star article in its entirety
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Wow... this is news to me. Loosing Moore is indeed a blow. Found some more info in the local paper

Shortly thereafter, Larry Coyer replaced Ron Meeks as defensive coordinator.
Ray Rychleski was named to replace Russ Purnell as special teams coach.

Link to Indianapolis Star article in its entirety

Yeah, there have been rumblings about it for a while now. I actually think losing Mudd is a bigger blow than Moore. As good of an OC as Moore was, Caldwell is offensive minded and we still have Manning. Mudd was one of the best o-line coaches in the league. This guy could routinely turn mediocre guys into starters. Crappy situation overall, sucks they have to go out this way. :-t
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Sucks indeed. Although one of the articles I read said they could both be back as consultants by the time training camp opens, it all has to do with changes to the NFL pension rules, so we'll see how it all goes.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri May 15, 2009 3:26 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Sucks indeed. Although one of the articles I read said they could both be back as consultants by the time training camp opens, it all has to do with changes to the NFL pension rules, so we'll see how it all goes.

Yeah, the good news is that they are replacing them with in-house guys so they should know their system pretty well. I did think that Moore got a little boring and predicable at times with his playcalling, so its not all bad to get some fresh guys in there. Maybe i'm just trying to look on the bright side. :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to AFC South