James Harrison dissing the White House - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James Harrison dissing the White House

Moderator: Football Moderators

James Harrison dissing the White House

Postby Bad Newz Kennels » Sat May 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Can any Steelers fans out there confirm this story. Seems a bit unbelievable and out of line if true.

From Fanball:

The News
ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that James Harrison will not accompany the team on their trip to the White House. Harrison said: "This is how I feel - If you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerend, he would have invited Arizona if they had won."

Our View
Is this a real story? What is wrong with this guy? It's obvious that the president has more pressing issues than hanging out with every professional sports team, and it's impressive he takes time out of his day to meet with the champions in each sport. Harrison needs to come join the rest of us in reality.
Bad Newz Kennels
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: James Harrison dissing the White House

Postby mattb47 » Sun May 17, 2009 12:15 am

Doesn't really sound that believable....I have a hard time believing that Harrison has that little sense to think that it's not already a pretty cool thing that the President of the country is willing to take time to personally congratulate each major sport champion.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun May 17, 2009 12:43 am

He is just pissed because he realizes that Obama would juke his arse.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby sublimeandy » Sun May 17, 2009 10:40 am

what a jack***. is james harrison worth inviting to the white house for anything other than winning the super bowl? is he a foreign policy expert or possibly an economics whiz? moron.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 am

Harrison is messed up! Sounds like a paranoid android to me, he is worried that if the Cards would have won they would have gottent there sooner? Really, how out of touch can you be? Oh, to be a professional sports star. To be so insulated from what is happening to the people who pay to watch you play is truly special.

Mr. Harrison, not only are you a moron, there was also a clipping penalty on your TD run in the SB!!!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Sun May 17, 2009 11:50 am

Nothing in the local papers about it, so at this point I question the veracity of the story.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Bad Newz Kennels » Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 am

Made Peter King's MMBQ as quote of the week.
Bad Newz Kennels
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon May 18, 2009 11:16 am

So he doesn't want to go. I'm not sure why this is a big deal.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby spodog » Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:So he doesn't want to go. I'm not sure why this is a big deal.

You are kidding, right?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon May 18, 2009 9:04 pm

Steelers’ Harrison plans to skip White House
3 hours, 9 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—James Harrison(notes) plans to pass on another trip to the White House with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Harrison, the NFL Defensive Player of the Year, says he’ll skip the Super Bowl champion’s visit to the White House to meet President Barack Obama on Thursday, just as he did when the Steelers were honored by President George W. Bush in June 2006.

“I don’t feel the need to go, actually,” Harrison told Pittsburgh station WTAE-TV. “I don’t feel like it’s that big a deal to me.”

Harrison doesn’t believe the invitation is all that special, saying if the Steelers hadn’t beaten the Cardinals 27-23 with a last-minute rally, “He (Obama) would have invited Arizona.”

The Steelers had no comment Monday about Harrison’s comments. Steelers chairman Dan Rooney was an early supporter of Obama’s and has been nominated by him to be the U.S. ambassador to Ireland.

Harrison is known for being an individualist whose on-field sullenness sometimes extends off the field as well.

Harrison, a backup at the time, and quarterback Tommy Maddox were among a handful of players who skipped the traditional White House visit by the Super Bowl champions in 2006. Maddox apparently was unhappy at being released after the season ended, although several other players who also weren’t with the Steelers any longer attended.

Former Steelers linebacker Joey Porter(notes) created a stir before that White House visit by saying he intended to tell Bush he didn’t like how the country was being run. Porter chose not to make those comments, but he wore dark sunglasses throughout the ceremony.

Guess he really did say that. And he didn't go back in 2006 either. If the guy doesn't value meeting the first African American President then so be it. He is an idiot in my book but so am I to some people.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk