2009 Season Consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 4th and Goal

2009 Season Consolidated

Moderators: LS2throwed, Football Moderators

League Rules

Postby busby » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:17 am

This topic lists the official league rules, as decided by all league members and enforced by the moderators.

The moderators collectively have the final say on all issues relating to league rules, although they will in good faith seek the advice of the league when making non-routine decisions.

I. Rosters
1. Our maximum roster size is 20 players. At no time may a player's roster exceed 20.
2. Our starting requirements are as follows: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DST.
3. This league is a dynasty. All players are retained year on year.
4. At all times, every team must maintain at least one player from each position and a DST unit on their roster.

II. Scoring
Offense (QB, RB, WR, TE, K)
Passing TDs = 4 pts
Passing yards = 0.04 pts per yard
Passing 2 pt conversion = 2 pts
Passing interception = -1 pt
Rushing/Receiving TDs = 6 pts
Rushing/Receiving yards = 0.1 pts per yard
Rushing/Receiving 2 pt conversion = 2 pts
Receptions = 1 pt
Fumble lost = -2 pts
Fumble recovery TD = 6 pts
Field goal (1-49 yards) = 3 pts
Field goal (50+ yards) = 4 pts
Point after = 1 pt
Individual return yards/return TDs will not be scored.

Defense/Special Teams
Defensive TDs = 6 pts
Defensive safeties = 2 pts
Special Teams TDs = 6 pts
Special Teams safeties = 2 pts
Points against:
0 = 10 pts
1-6 = 7 pts
7-13 = 4 pts
14-20 = 1 pt
21-27 = 0 pts
27-34 = -1 pt
34+ = -4 pts
Blocked FG/Punt = 2 pts
Blocked PAT = 1 pt
Sack = 1 pt
Interception = 2 pts
Fumble recovery = 2 pts

III. Divisions, Playoffs, Scheduling, Ranking, and Starting Lineups
1. This league will have 12 teams with no divisions.
2. The regular season will be 13 games. The playoffs will be 3 games.
3. Teams will be ranked based on their overall record. The tie-breaker will be regular season total points scored. As we use fractional scoring, additional tie-breakers are unnecessary.
4. 6 teams qualify for the playoffs each year. Playoff brackets will be composed of #1, #4, and #5 and #2, #3, and #6. The #1 and #2 teams will have a first round bye. In the first round 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5.
5. The end of season rankings will be determined as follows: League champion is the #1 seed. League runner up is the #2 seed. The semi-finals loser with the best overall regular season record is the #3 seed. The other semi-finals loser is the #4 seed. (Tie-breaker is regular season total points scored.) The #5 and #6 seeds will be the quarter-finals losers, determined as above. The non-playoff teams will be ranked according to overall league record with regular season total points scored as the tie-breaker.
6. The opening and closing times for setting weekly starting lineups, beginning in Week 1 and ending Playoff Week 3 are: Thursday at 6:00 am EST - Sunday at 1:00 pm EST.

IV. Trades
1. All trades must be approved by one of the moderators. Conversely, two moderators must reject a trade in order for it to be declined. Overturned trades will be highly unlikely and must be deemed indisputably unfair.
2. The trade deadline will be 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on the Wednesday falling in Week 11 of the NFL regular season schedule.
3. All trades must be posted and approved in the 4th and Goal Confirmed Trades thread on the Cafe.
4. Draft picks may be traded for the current season's draft and the following year's draft only. During the regular season only picks from the next season's draft may be traded. Following the completion of our league's championship game, picks from the next two drafts may be traded. All owners are responsible for keeping track of their draft selections in the rosters thread.
example: While the 2008/2009 fantasy season draft is taking place, only picks from that draft and from the 2009/2010 fantasy season draft may be traded. During the 2008/2009 fantasy season, only picks from the 2009/2010 fantasy season draft may be traded. As soon as the 2008/2009 fantasy season champion has been crowned, 2010/2011 fantasy season draft picks may be traded.

V. Drafting
1. The inaugural league draft will be 16 rounds. Rookies will not be eligible for selection.
2. Every season will feature a 4 round rookie draft at a time to be determined by the league members.
3. All drafts will be snake style. The draft order for the inaugural draft will be determined randomly and the first season's rookie draft order will be the inverse of the original draft.
4. For all subsequent rookie drafts, the order will be the reverse of the past season's end of season ranking (i.e. #12 overall drafts first, league champion drafts last.)

VI. Waivers
1. Team owners may acquire free agents via the waiver wire process.
2. After the weekly waiver wire, team owners may acquire free agents anytime within league transaction times.
3. Owners may not acquire a player once that player's game has started, regardless of transaction deadlines.
4. Released free agents are available at the next waiver wire.
5. Unlimited free agent acquistions per fantasy week. Up to 5 waiver wire transactions per week.
6. The initial order for the waiver wire for each season will be determined at random. Upon using a waiver selection, a player moves to the end of the line. If you do not make a waiver selection in one week, then the next week you will retain (or advance) your position from the previous week.
7. The waiver wire will be open only from Preseason Week 1 through Playoff Week 3.
8. The deadline for waiver wire picks, beginning in Preseason Week 1 is: Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST.
9. The opening and closing times for free agent transactions, beginning in Preseason Week 1 and ending NFL Superbowl week are: Thursday at 6:00 am EST - Sunday at 12:00 pm EST.
Cafe leagues
Any Given Dynasty (4th year) 2-2
Kind of a Big Deal (3rd year) 2-2
4th and Goal Dynasty (2nd year) 2-2
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Should we include Free Agents in our Rookie Draft?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Before we vote on when to have our Rookie Draft, should we include FAs in that draft or have an open, first come first served period for any FAs which would begin at a specific time and date in August?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

2009 Check In Time

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Simply check in and state your intent on returning next year for 2009...I have seen a few of you guys but there is very little action going on here and most dynasties have drafted or set a date for a draft, and there are at least 6 members I haven't seen since middle of last season.

If you expect to keep these things moving you have to be around all year for some clarification on how things are going to work, I have pm'd Busby awhile back and got no response, so I'll wait till mid June or so to see if he's coming back or let's me know otherwise we will have to change to another commish...I don't mind doing it with the same rules, anyone else who doesn't mind can throw your name in the ring also and we can vote, this is still pre-mature obviously but I've already had a few commish's flake out on dynastie that are just getting started so you at least need to be prepared.

I'm looking at mid June for the draft, if you guys have vacations or objections speak up...But a month should be long enough to see who is around otherwise teams are going to have to start getting replacements...I'll let you guys vote on how you want to do that, but you can't wait until August not knowing what's going on with your league, that's how they never get off the ground.

So simply check-in for 09, list any questions or objections, and we'll go from there, I don't think that's alot to ask to have someone show up once by the time June is here considering this is a dynasty league that runs yearly, it's time to start discussing future plans as soon as the Draft is over.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: 2009 Check In Time

Postby water boy » Tue May 12, 2009 12:56 pm

i'll be back

thanks SJNez46 for the sweet sig
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby iamgregg » Tue May 12, 2009 2:20 pm

It needed one of us to take the initiative.

I want to be back, but only if the league becomes better organised. I was actually considering dropping the league due to the lack of progress in the offseason, but I'm willing to stick it out if we get this thing sorted properly. To that end I will offer any help that is needed.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 12, 2009 3:32 pm

iamgregg wrote:It needed one of us to take the initiative.

I want to be back, but only if the league becomes better organised. I was actually considering dropping the league due to the lack of progress in the offseason, but I'm willing to stick it out if we get this thing sorted properly. To that end I will offer any help that is needed.

I'm with you there, the off-season can't be like a ghost town and be expected to keep owners interested, not only that I like to be able to get ahold of the commish year round if I have any questions or if we need some updates, when you don't have that it's harder to get things running smoothly, so I'll understand if you drop.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eddy8 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm here. Trying desperatly to trade Addai LoL Its nice to here some voices ;-D
eddy8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafeholic

Postby nelly29 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Im here and plan to be back

I have a baby on the way in June but it has to sleep sometime right? lol
nelly29
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JoeySeven » Wed May 13, 2009 12:58 am

I'll be back.
I try to log on to the cafe every other day.
JoeySeven
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed May 13, 2009 10:30 am

nelly29 wrote:Im here and plan to be back

I have a baby on the way in June but it has to sleep sometime right? lol

LOL Congrats man! You'll need something to keep you busy when your up all night :-D

Eddy and Joey good to see you guys back, if there is any other breaking news or anything I'll make sure to pm you guys again but just as long as you check the board every so often we'll be fine...Again if you guys are leaving on vacation though might want to run that past someone or leave picks or something, wan't the draft to be good for everyone.

That's 7 out of 12 boys, maybe we won't need to replace that many teams after all B-)
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero