When is too soon/too late to replace a dynasty commish - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

When is too soon/too late to replace a dynasty commish

Moderator: Football Moderators

When is too soon/too late to replace a dynasty commish

Postby LS2throwed » Mon May 18, 2009 8:42 pm

OK, just looking for some opinions on this...I am in a Cafe Dynasty started last year and the Commish hasn't shown up since the season ended really, I have pm'd him maybe a few months back, although he did log into the site once about 40 days ago that was it.

Things have started to get moving finally in our off-season room because I started rounding up members and I've gotten a response from nearly everyone else in the league that they are returning but still no response from him...Were scheduling the rookie draft right now, my question to you guys is, when is too soon to replace him? Or too late?

If we hold the rookie draft in June, he'd get his team replaced and another owner makes the picks, then he shows up July 15th pissed off...Same story if I hold the draft in July and he shows up a week later, I also don't want people to lose interest in the league while we sit around and wait to see if he does show up...I would also have to replace him as commish on the flea flicker website prior to the draft.

O yea, he's also, or was a Cafe regular so I thought, but he does live out of country, so if he's just having some trouble I don't want to just hand over his team.

What do you guys suggest?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: When is too soon/too late to replace a dynasty commish

Postby bungle613 » Mon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, you already know my opinion but might as well makeit public. A dynasty is far different from a redraft or even a keeper. A dynasty is almost a year round league usually with trades and sometimes even free agents being allowed to be picked up all year. The timeline is generally earlier as well. Most have their rookie draft in June or at least prior to any major team activities.

At the very least, any commish should be available for a question or suggestion at any time of the year. If any commish vanishes and has had zero contact after members have attempted PM, email etc... for multiple months, fair game, replace him.

You know we had to do it in the Fourth league. I personally PM'd and emailed through Flea and regular and have not received any response although apparently this specific former commish did contact another league he was commish of simply with... find a replacement... that made things very clear and easy in my mind to replace him.

No ill will to the guy, maybe life just got to busy, to lousy, to whatever. Always take care of real life first but you must at least contact people in some way.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 am

bungle613 wrote:Well, you already know my opinion but might as well makeit public. A dynasty is far different from a redraft or even a keeper. A dynasty is almost a year round league usually with trades and sometimes even free agents being allowed to be picked up all year. The timeline is generally earlier as well. Most have their rookie draft in June or at least prior to any major team activities.

At the very least, any commish should be available for a question or suggestion at any time of the year. If any commish vanishes and has had zero contact after members have attempted PM, email etc... for multiple months, fair game, replace him.

You know we had to do it in the Fourth league. I personally PM'd and emailed through Flea and regular and have not received any response although apparently this specific former commish did contact another league he was commish of simply with... find a replacement... that made things very clear and easy in my mind to replace him.

No ill will to the guy, maybe life just got to busy, to lousy, to whatever. Always take care of real life first but you must at least contact people in some way.

this
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Wed May 20, 2009 3:20 pm

gotta proceed with caution on this though. You don't want to scurry around and get 2/3rd of the league up in arms and then find out the guy had a death in the family or whatever.

Ya should make extraordinary efforts to talk with him first and find out what his circumstance is before starting an overthrow effort.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner