Mattb47's 2009 QB Projections/Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mattb47's 2009 QB Projections/Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mattb47's 2009 QB Projections/Rankings

Postby iamgregg » Thu May 21, 2009 4:44 pm

I don't agree that projections should equal final rankings though, you can get caught in the trap of not using all the factors available to you if you look at numbers you've made up without accounting for the full picture.

Amen, while projected rankings are tremendously helpful they should be a compliment or a factor when deciding if Player X should be ranked above or below Player Y.

Also a kudos to mattb, excellent projections ;-D May have inspired me to make some of my own.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LegendoftheFall » Wed May 27, 2009 10:48 am

Great job Mattb! thanks for posting this. It will definitely help me with my QB rankings. And in response to the previous posters about the relevance of projections, i look at them as a starting point. I'll take the projected values and then adjust my rankings based on the risk of each as i see it.

my personal opinion is that mcnabb, Brady, Rodgers and Cutler have more bust potential, and hasselback, Schaub, and Edwards have some breakout potential. I'll adjust these guys slightly to make my own rankings.

thanks again Mattb.
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Fri May 29, 2009 11:41 am

One thing I didn't understand was how the fantasy point totals were determined. David Garrard, for example, is projected to score more fantasy points than a few players below him that have better stats.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Free Bagel » Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

Azrael wrote:One thing I didn't understand was how the fantasy point totals were determined. David Garrard, for example, is projected to score more fantasy points than a few players below him that have better stats.

Rushing projections aren't shown on the chart but were probably used to calculate the total fantasy points.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattb47 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Azrael wrote:One thing I didn't understand was how the fantasy point totals were determined. David Garrard, for example, is projected to score more fantasy points than a few players below him that have better stats.

Rushing projections aren't shown on the chart but were probably used to calculate the total fantasy points.

Indeed...it would be remiss for me to not include rushing totals and TDs in my projections but at the same time, it's not something I would necessarily base my QB selection on and space is limited so those totals aren't shown in the list.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk