Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 pm

moochman wrote:
m16a wrote:Sheesh. At first it was kinda ironic and funny in a schadenfreude kinda way, but at this point, I really do feel bad for the guy. No one should have to go through all that, let alone someone who was once told he was gonna be so very big. Hope he gets his life turned around before he ends up dead in the street somewhere. :-t

I have always said that I've no idea how so many of the guys, growing up treated like demi-gods, manage not to end up ruining their lives. On a level most of us mortals rarely think about it takes a freakish dedication to stay on course as a professional athlete.
Its a shame that he hasn't taken advantage of the many chances he's had to set his life straight.

It's a shame, but I don't feel sorry for him. From all reports, he was an a$$ since he was in college.
It's one thing to be gifted and rich and fall from grace because you aren't ready to handle all that that kind of world throws at you. I feel somewhat sorry for those who aren't ready for that and can't handle it.
It's another thing to be all of that and a bad person who doesn't treat others well. People learn how to treat others when they are children. You can be rich and talented and famous and still be a good person.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:15 pm

moochman wrote:
m16a wrote:Sheesh. At first it was kinda ironic and funny in a schadenfreude kinda way, but at this point, I really do feel bad for the guy. No one should have to go through all that, let alone someone who was once told he was gonna be so very big. Hope he gets his life turned around before he ends up dead in the street somewhere. :-t

I have always said that I've no idea how so many of the guys, growing up treated like demi-gods, manage not to end up ruining their lives. On a level most of us mortals rarely think about it takes a freakish dedication to stay on course as a professional athlete.
Its a shame that he hasn't taken advantage of the many chances he's had to set his life straight.

Yeah, at one point it looked like he was trying to put his life together when he got into coaching but away from the job his behavior didn't change and he still kept getting into trouble.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

joejlitz wrote:
moochman wrote:

It's a shame, but I don't feel sorry for him. From all reports, he was an a$$ since he was in college.
It's one thing to be gifted and rich and fall from grace because you aren't ready to handle all that that kind of world throws at you. I feel somewhat sorry for those who aren't ready for that and can't handle it.
It's another thing to be all of that and a bad person who doesn't treat others well. People learn how to treat others when they are children. You can be rich and talented and famous and still be a good person.

Agreed, I don't feel sorry for him. In life we are all given chances to be a better person. Most of us, save Viking fans :-b , make more choices to be better than not. Ryan never seemed interested in turning a new Leaf. Its a shame, but a bed of his own making.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk