Who is the #10 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #10 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #10 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Poll ended at Tue May 26, 2009 10:11 am

RB Andre Brown, N.Y. Giants
26%
RB Rashad Jennings, Jacksonville Jaguars
19%
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Oakland Raiders
4%
WR Kenny Britt, Tennessee Titans
26%
QB Matt Stafford, Detroit Lions
22%
QB Mark Sanchez, N.Y. Jets
4%
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 27

Re: Who is the #10 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 23, 2009 5:08 pm

I picked Stafford here. I think his value now is too great to pass on. He will be starting very soon and should be for a while.

If I was in need of the other 2 positions even slightly I would grab Brown of Britt. If it was my team and I had a decent QB already but was in need I would likely wait until next year to draft one. The class is much better.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby The Lung » Sat May 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Definitely surprising to see RB Andre Brown leading this one. There's absolutely no chance that he'll be the starter over Brandon Jacobs for at least the next few years, and he'll battle with Ahmad Bradshaw and Danny Ware just for the opportunity to play second fiddle. There's a very realistic chance that Andre Brown is third on the depth chart for the next few years, and Brown has gone off the board no earlier than the second round in nearly every dynasty league rookie draft I've seen.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby LS2throwed » Sat May 23, 2009 6:45 pm

The Lung wrote:Definitely surprising to see RB Andre Brown leading this one. There's absolutely no chance that he'll be the starter over Brandon Jacobs for at least the next few years, and he'll battle with Ahmad Bradshaw and Danny Ware just for the opportunity to play second fiddle. There's a very realistic chance that Andre Brown is third on the depth chart for the next few years, and Brown has gone off the board no earlier than the second round in nearly every dynasty league rookie draft I've seen.

If a guy is good enough he's worth waiting for, the upside is there with him, and he's far more talented then Ware and is supposedly already ahead of Bradshaw for 3rd down back according to early reports...He's a guy that you shouldn't expect to produce early, but he could be a Michael Turner type of stash and I value those guys over the high risk of a WR turning into a stud.

He is a 2nd rounder like you said, and I wouldn't take him until at least 2nd, but he's still ranked alot higher for me, I just try to find where the adp of a player is...He's far more talented then Ware & Bradshaw and I think NY knew it during draft time, he may not reach full potential until Jacobs leave but I'd gladly wait for that.

I guess it really comes down to team needs combined with value, but I'm not expecting some of these rookie WR's to perform that well early on either.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Wenchtamer » Sat May 23, 2009 10:49 pm

It was between Britt and Stafford for me. I choose Britt simply because WR have more value. I could see someone taking Stafford easily if that was their need though.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby killiansjmd » Sun May 24, 2009 6:12 am

I went with Kenny Britt. He's got a ton of talent and I think he should slot in right behind Maclin, Harvin and Nicks. The Titans QB situation and ground attack are concerns but he could be their #1 option with only Nate Washington as the only other WR option.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 pm

This poll runs till Tue May 26, 2009 11:11 am EST...please get your vote in if you have not already done so!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue May 26, 2009 12:32 am

I voted for Jennings, but seeing as how he isn't going to win if it comes down to a tiebreak vote I think Britt easily has the advantage over Brown.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 am

Next tiebreaker vote wins it! 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Previous

Return to Football Talk