Boldin Firing Rosenhaus...Hires New Agent - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boldin Firing Rosenhaus...Hires New Agent

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boldin Firing Rosenhaus...Hires New Agent

Postby mrblitz » Tue May 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Disgruntled Cards WR Boldin intends to replace agent Rosenhaus
Associated Press

PHOENIX -- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin is in the process of firing his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Boldin, who's in a long contract dispute with the Cardinals, informed the NFL Players Association in a letter that he intended to replace Rosenhaus as his agent. The players association said it received the letter Friday, so with the required five-day waiting period, Boldin can sign with a new agent Thursday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Boldin Firing Rosenhaus

Postby mattb47 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:06 pm

I like Boldin and can't stand Rosenhaus so naturally I like him firing this guy.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Maybe Drew will get off his butt and get this guy an acceptable contract.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:29 pm

I hate Rosenhaus. Thank god Boldin got rid of him.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue May 26, 2009 11:07 pm

I think everyone hates Rosenhaus. He is an arrogant AH. Glad to see him getting fired.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 am

I suspect that league collusion/or trend toward devaluing veteran contracts has made Rosenjerk a suitable agent for rookies only.

Hope that this will allow Boldin to return to the Cards at a price both can live with.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Rosenhaus works best with players who want to help themselves financially.

Notice how nobody seems to want TO around, yet the guy is getting lucrative short term contract after lucrative short term contract for the past few years. How much money has this guy made in the past three or four years after he was considered a "cancer" to several different teams? How much money has this guy made post SF? It's a lot of money.. And he gets it short term so it's a lot better than these backloaded 6 and 7 year contracts your hear about that turn into 2 and 3 year deals instead. This is a guy who should be in the twilight of his career still making very respectable money despite a severe image problem.

Now look at a guy like Boldin who has played for the same team, been a company man, signed a moderate contract extension... He's probably pretty close in talent to TO and you would think that he will have a much longer career than TO considering the age difference. But the difference between the two, is that when its time to get paid for real, suddenly everyone is unwilling to pay Boldin. Terrell Owens is making more money this year than Anquan Boldin will make for the next two years combined. Yet you never hear TO talking about contract extensions, management takes the guy seriously because they know his reputation and they pay him because they want him on the field.

I'm under the impression that Boldin is unwilling to look at his career like a business and sacrifice his image to get paid. The guy plays with heart, but he has to seperate himself from the game from a financial perspective or he is going to continue to get underpaid for the rest of his career. If this guy was in it to secure his financial future for himself and his family, perhaps for a couple generations, he would legitmately holdout, talk down on management, blame ownership for their shortcomings, and hold press conferences through his agent telling them he wants to be released. Put the pressure on Arizona to realize that he is not going to continue to wait around for his contract to run out before they ante-up the below market offer that we all know is coming. Arizona is a pretty bad organization and they don't take care of their players unless they are backed up into a corner. But even an organization like that can the tea leaves and get something for him in a trade when they realize absolutely that he will become a cancer. Notice how Boldin backed off his statement that he would "never put on a Cardinals uniform again"? How much you want to bet that that lack of resolve on Boldin's part is the only reason he remains a Cardinal today. Guy let his buddy Fitzgerald and Warner talk him out of making his payday, meanwhile those guys already have their contracts. Both of those guys are going to make this year what Boldin has made over the course of his ENTIRE career. Boldin made a huge mistake by not listening to Rosenhaus and sticking to his guns in order to get traded and get paid. The agent did his job, Boldin didn't.

Only an organization like Cincinnati is dumb enough to hang onto guys that are acting out in order to get out(Chad) and then turn around and let the company men walk with no compensation(TJ). Boldin needs to lose the image of company man in order for his company to take himself seriously. Arizona is not going to pay this guy market value, so he needs to force a trade if he wants to see real value.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mrblitz » Thu May 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah, Yeah, what Kensat said. :-b

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Boldin has new agent

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Cardinals GM Graves planning to meet with Boldin's new agent soon
Associated Press

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals general manager Rod Graves says he looks forward to working with Anquan Boldin's new agent, Tom Condon.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8109c45b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Boldin has new agent

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 pm

mrblitz wrote:
Cardinals GM Graves planning to meet with Boldin's new agent soon
Associated Press

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals general manager Rod Graves says he looks forward to working with Anquan Boldin's new agent, Tom Condon.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8109c45b&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I merged these two threads since they're the same story. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Football Talk