Jets RB Washington ends boycott - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets RB Washington ends boycott

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets RB Washington ends boycott

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:30 pm

Pro Bowler Washington reports to Jets for final week of OTAs
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Jets running back Leon Washington returned to the team Monday after boycotting practice the last three weeks while in a contract dispute.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8109a94d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jets RB Washington ends boycott

Postby dmacblue » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Good player, but if it's true that he wanted MJD money, then it's nice that he finally come back to reality :-b

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Good. Hopefully we can move Jones and a pick or something for a WR or maybe just Jones for a pick. I'm really confident in Washington and Green this year. Washington was the most explosive player on the Jets and if we give him the ball hes bound to break out much more explosive plays then by limiting his carries.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Patoons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:12 pm

[quote="Dawinner127"]Good. Hopefully we can move Jones and a pick or something for a WR or maybe just Jones for a pick. I'm really confident in Washington and Green this year. Washington was the most explosive player on the Jets and if we give him the ball hes bound to break out much more explosive plays then by limiting his carries.[/quote]

I agree. I love Greene/Washington. If the Jets can get Braylon or someone of his caliber opposite Cotchery, it'd be a huge upgrade.
Patoons
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Patoons wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Good. Hopefully we can move Jones and a pick or something for a WR or maybe just Jones for a pick. I'm really confident in Washington and Green this year. Washington was the most explosive player on the Jets and if we give him the ball hes bound to break out much more explosive plays then by limiting his carries.

I agree. I love Greene/Washington. If the Jets can get Braylon or someone of his caliber opposite Cotchery, it'd be a huge upgrade.

There's pretty much zero chance that they'll get Braylon Edwards for Thomas Jones...the talent comparison just isn't there. I don't think they'll get a whole lot for Jones to be honest...I think if he ends up playing for someone else next year it will be a release for him rather than a trade. If you do trade him you probably won't get a ton for a 30 year old RB.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk