My QB Sleeper is.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My QB Sleeper is....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My QB Sleeper is....

Postby DemonDeacon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:54 pm

no love for good ol Joe Flacco? His stats were comparable to Matt Ryans and after week 5 i believe he put up better overall numbers. Ya ya hes in a run first offense and his weapons are sub par but on the flip side. 2nd year in the system, cannon for an arm, and when Rice is finally named the starting RB hes going to be a solid dump off option. He had 14 tds, 12 picks and 2971 passing yds last year. Its not going to be a shocker if he gets 20 TDs and 3300ish yards.

And like everyone else out there i think Schaubs in for a monster year ;-D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My QB Sleeper is....

Postby mattb47 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:41 am

DemonDeacon wrote:no love for good ol Joe Flacco? His stats were comparable to Matt Ryans and after week 5 i believe he put up better overall numbers. Ya ya hes in a run first offense and his weapons are sub par but on the flip side. 2nd year in the system, cannon for an arm, and when Rice is finally named the starting RB hes going to be a solid dump off option. He had 14 tds, 12 picks and 2971 passing yds last year. Its not going to be a shocker if he gets 20 TDs and 3300ish yards.

And like everyone else out there i think Schaubs in for a monster year ;-D

He's in the same boat as a lot of QBs...he's got SEVERELY limited upside because we know that Baltimore is not going to be anywhere near an "air it out" kind of team and so his pass attempts (and therefore his upside) is going to be limited. He doesn't exactly have the array of weapons on offense that Ryan has either so I think the difference in fantasy potential there is HUGE. The problem is that I think that 3200 yards and maybe 22 TDs or so is really his upside as a fantasy QB which isn't saying much.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk